My 4 Month Old Kitten Is Constipated! Help!

Miloooooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 month old kitty has not went number 2 in two days, I know he’s in pain because he meows differently and his tummy looks bloated. I am very new to this (never had a pet before) what are some things I should do or try? Please help I would very much appreciate it!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can't get to the vet right away, give him a half teaspoon of canned plain pumpkin (no spices!) twice a day. My girl eats it off a spoon, but you may have to mix it into his wet food. You can also give him a couple drops of olive oil, either mixed into food or using a syringe.

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not a quick fix, but I've recently discovered (the hard way) that Blue Buffalo dry Kitten formula can cause soft stool in some cats and kittens. There are also some wet foods that have canned pumpkin in them--Weruva and Applepaws are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your best bet will be to take the little one to the vet, just to make sure that a temporary bout of constipation doesn’t turn into something more serious and lifelong (like Megacolon).

I know that towards the end with Ally, the vet recommended that we use 1/2 tsp of miralax - but she was a 20 lb cat, so I’m not sure if this would work for your cat. We were also using mineral oil, but again, A call to the vet may be in order.