my 2 years old cat started to be afraid of anything

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have him for more than 2 years now and lately he's been acting strange.. he got scared of everything that moves even his toys... and when i want to pet him, he would tensed his body and in some cases he would hiss at me... it happened about a few months ago, he would jump and run away when people move suddenly.. does anyone know how to make him back to normal? i mean at least he let me pet him and play with him, he never play with me anymore.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Firstly you need to be sure that there's nothing physically wrong.  Cats can be like this is they're ill, so a visit to the vet would be a good idea.

Has anything happened that may have started this?  Think back to when this started... a new person, work or change to the house, loud noises, another cat around?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well, it happend a few months ago, at that time i was staying at my aunt house to keep her company, so i only came home once a week, my parents taking care of him... oh, and my neighbour had new kittens and they like to play near my house, oboon is scared to them he never wanna get close to them.. is it because of this? so what should i do?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I see in another thread that Oboon was in a fight a little while ago. I really would get him checked out by the vet if you haven't already.

And if he isn't spayed yet you could organise that.

When that is done and if things haven't picked up, we can have a think about other things to try. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oboon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
okay.. thanks for the advice :D i hope he would get better  soon