My 14 Year Old Bengal, And His Brother..

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
00891B28-AEC1-43DD-A414-97C14007818B.jpeg
Sorry about the pictures, couldn’t figure it out how to separate them individually. These are Bengal brothers. The gray one ( Slick )departed 14 years ago at 6 months. The bigger one Hunter (14 years old) is leaving us today. I miss them so much.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry to read of this, your heart must be breaking.

RIP Hunter, you will be with your brother, in a place of peace and endless sunshine. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the losses, one in the past and one now. They are together once again and healthy and happy, just fine now no more suffering.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all your support. He departed last night, and this morning is the most difficult. I know it will take a very long time to heal, or it may never, but I will do my best for him.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their leaving us brings such a huge hole in our lives. The sense of loneliness,of loss, brings an ache to the heart and tears that are always close at hand.
Right now, it is one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. Try to concentrate on what they brought to your life, the love they so willingly shared. They both embraced life, lived what time they were given to the fullest. And you know in your heart that is what they want for you now, because that is what love is, only wanting happiness for those they hold dear. Neither one would ever want to be the one to bring such sadness in your life, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go, so they want for you.
The bond you have with their tiny souls will never leave you, it is a part of you now. They will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers and will live on through you now, so send them thoughts of love and comfort., and they will do the same.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. Time is the only thing that helps dull the sharp edges of grief, be good to yourself, and take care of those around you. I'll pray for peace to be brought to your broken heart.....RIP dear Hunter. You are loved more than you will ever know. You join your precious brother Slick in eternal rest, may you both find that perfect spot in the sun for your eternal slumber. You will both be forever held in secure places in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you both, until you all meet again!

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Their leaving us brings such a huge hole in our lives. The sense of loneliness,of loss, brings an ache to the heart and tears that are always close at hand.
Right now, it is one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. Try to concentrate on what they brought to your life, the love they so willingly shared. They both embraced life, lived what time they were given to the fullest. And you know in your heart that is what they want for you now, because that is what love is, only wanting happiness for those they hold dear. Neither one would ever want to be the one to bring such sadness in your life, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go, so they want for you.
The bond you have with their tiny souls will never leave you, it is a part of you now. They will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers and will live on through you now, so send them thoughts of love and comfort., and they will do the same.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. Time is the only thing that helps dull the sharp edges of grief, be good to yourself, and take care of those around you. I'll pray for peace to be brought to your broken heart.....RIP dear Hunter. You are loved more than you will ever know. You join your precious brother Slick in eternal rest, may you both find that perfect spot in the sun for your eternal slumber. You will both be forever held in secure places in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you both, until you all meet again!
That is exactly what I told my wife, focus on the positive. I know my Hunter didn’t like arguments in the house, he leaves and go to the other room whenever we argue. So whenever we feel like arguing, we just think of him, what he would do, he’s now our guidance. Just like you said, he want us to do the right thing. This morning was very difficult as I was putting his stuff away, to donate to the shelter. I know in time it will ease the pain, but I find myself smelling the chair that he loves to sleep on, and his scent is still there.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart. There is nothing I can say to take away your pain. Keep one of his things, put it in a sealed plastic bag and open it when you want to smell his scent, then seal it again. It will go away over time, but you have can have it for a little while longer...

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart. There is nothing I can say to take away your pain. Keep one of his things, put it in a sealed plastic bag and open it when you want to smell his scent, then seal it again. It will go away over time, but you have can have it for a little while longer...
That is such a great idea, thank you..you would think you have now extra time to do things, but everything just feels so empty.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That hole in your life will be there for a long time. It's hard to fill. Being distracted by day to day life helps, until you learn a new life's order, and let the love and comfort he is sending your way to bring you peace.
There is so much loss to be endured in a life, it doesn't end until our own life does. We cannot know how much joy and happiness we can get from love without knowing the depths of grief as well. Each magnifies the other. Hold onto those loves and don't take one precious moment of life for granted, they are what makes life worth living, and enables us to go on, knowing we shared such a great love with another......

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That hole in your life will be there for a long time. It's hard to fill. Being distracted by day to day life helps, until you learn a new life's order, and let the love and comfort he is sending your way to bring you peace.
There is so much loss to be endured in a life, it doesn't end until our own life does. We cannot know how much joy and happiness we can get from love without knowing the depths of grief as well. Each magnifies the other. Hold onto those loves and don't take one precious moment of life for granted, they are what makes life worth living, and enables us to go on, knowing we shared such a great love with another......
It’s been a few days now. As we all know, doesn’t ease the pain, but finding strength to accept it. Last night, dreamt of him for the first time. I saw him in his usual trying to nag me posture-:) looking at me with his “please pay attention to me eyes” and let out a single soft Meow, and I said come here, and I woke up after I said that. He’s probably saying Daddy I’m fine ( miss him so much ). I also hearing some of the sounds that he makes during the night. Maybe my mind just wants to hear those, I hope they continue.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for you that Hunter and Slick passed, it is very heartbreaking thing to do and very hard to make a decision to take any living beings life, your hearts must be shattered and devastated. My cat was put down 2 days before yours and i know how hurts, the raw emotions, like a roller coaster, sometime it catches you out of nowhere, the morning is the hardest and the night times. In the mornings i go to the backyard and i say hello to him in the mornings and ask him how his day is, i say good morning leo and i ask him questions and talk to him. At night i pretend that i am letting him in the house to come sleep on my bed. Before i go to work i say to him i love you and i will come back soon. When i come back from work i go to the backyard and say hello to him. I smell the blankets he slept on, I have videos and photos of him on my mobile, when i am in a sad mood or where no one is around i watch them. I pray that your pain will go away and that the emptiness is filled with happy memories of Hunter and Slick . They are in heaven watching over you both.

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for you that Hunter and Slick passed, it is very heartbreaking thing to do and very hard to make a decision to take any living beings life, your hearts must be shattered and devastated. My cat was put down 2 days before yours and i know how hurts, the raw emotions, like a roller coaster, sometime it catches you out of nowhere, the morning is the hardest and the night times. In the mornings i go to the backyard and i say hello to him in the mornings and ask him how his day is, i say good morning leo and i ask him questions and talk to him. At night i pretend that i am letting him in the house to come sleep on my bed. Before i go to work i say to him i love you and i will come back soon. When i come back from work i go to the backyard and say hello to him. I smell the blankets he slept on, I have videos and photos of him on my mobile, when i am in a sad mood or where no one is around i watch them. I pray that your pain will go away and that the emptiness is filled with happy memories of Hunter and Slick . They are in heaven watching over you both.
So sorry about your Baby Leo. Yes it’s been a few days for us, and like you, I do all those things, and break down in tears. He’s coming back to me in a few days, had him cremated, same thing with slick. Maybe I’ll find comfort if he’s here in the house with me. I wish you the best, and hope you find comfort, and just let them guide us from above.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hunter, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I was out of town when you posted this. I am so very sorry. If it helps, love does not die, you know. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Both Slick and Hunter are by your side, always. Love abides.

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hunter, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I was out of town when you posted this. I am so very sorry. If it helps, love does not die, you know. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Both Slick and Hunter are by your side, always. Love abides.
Thank you for kind and comforting words. It’s been a week now, and it doesn’t get any easier. Couple of times I’ve dreamt of him, I hope they continue, only way I could see him. I will have him back however, as I had him cremated, like his brother. Maybe it’ll give me a little comfort, knowing that his at home.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. 14 years is a long time for some but for us pet lovers and owners it is never enough. We all wish that we could be with them for much longer.

Be strong. Hang in there.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ohh, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hunter was so adorable. He'll be so happy to see Slick again, and to play with his brother in Heaven. RIP Hunter.