My 12 Year Boy Has Cancer...

Jenna778

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday we got the bad news our boy has a major mass in his tummy. we are devastated.
They gave us prednisone to help him eat and reduce inflammation.
Anyone have any experience with helping prolong their cats life who has cancer ?
Thank you.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the diagnosis. I don't have any experience, just wanted to let you know i will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Some on here will be able to offer advice, the rest of us can offer moral support! Keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenna778

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. God it’s so hard to even think of letting him go. 12 years of love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenna778

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are gonna try holistic as well to help him.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you guys the best, it is hard when one you love is ill. I have 4 younger cats now, but i have lost older beloved cats, and a few dogs in the past. I'm old...lol. Its always hard. I still remember 4 legged family members from 40 years ago, the pain of loosing them is less now, but i remember them. Their personality and the fun we had together.

Hopefully he will do well, and you will have him with you for a while. Keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers!

FakeGourmet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depends on the cancer and how miserable it is making him. One of my kitties also has cancer. Had the previous tumors removed from his face, but it came back. I have discontinued care for for the cancer for a variety of reasons. When it becomes clear that he is in pain, I will have him put down. For now though, it doesn't seem to bother him in the least. If an animal is in pain and it's not treatable, I think it is kinder to put them down than prolong their end.

LEAN01101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry darling... My son (Bengal of 6 years and a half) was diagnosed with cancer a month before christmas and we started chimotherapy right away. It worked fine, the cancer was slowly going away. He fought like a champion but keep in mind that chimotherapy also lowers the immune system a lot... and he passed away 2 days after christmas because of a stupid stomach infection... HE WAS FIGHTING CANCER LIKE A CHAMPION ! I still can't believe it... He left with a huge part of my soul if not all of it... I highly recommend chimotherapy, they can usually extend their life of 2-3 years maybe more depending on which cancer it is. My baby had Lymphoma cancer which attacks the lymph nodes (immune system). Its a really strong cancer and he still was getting better with chimotherapy. Give it a try, don't abandon. I wish you all the luck in the world, he will fight to be with you guys. He loves you as much as you love him. And even if chimo goes well, never forget to love him and cuddle him like it was his last day on earth. God bless you and your family xxxx