My 1.5 month kitten stopped eating

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He started vomiting yesterday. I don’t know why but yesterday night he vomited some wet food for my elder cat, now this cat i got a week and a half ago his very energetic but today after he vomited again his been down barely moving and doesnt eat his like literally drugged. The doctor gave him 2 needles to crave food, and told me to give him water with some sugar so sugar doesnt drop in his body since his not eating, and some ph stuff twice a day

Did anyone ever go through this guys i am really worried about him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FozexD FozexD , what tests did the vet do?
He literally did nothing just did a temperature test up his bum

Edit: the kitten still not moving just laying down with his eyes open as if he was drugged. He just meows every once in a while i am really worried about him man

Last edited:

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If i recall right it was 36. He didn’t tell me about it so i thought temperature wise his alright
That's pretty low, that's only 96.8f. Can you call the vet and ask about it? Or can you get a second opinion from another vet?

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's pretty low, that's only 96.8f. Can you call the vet and ask about it? Or can you get a second opinion from another vet?
Yeah i have him next to a heater atm. But wtf his struggling to move ??? He crawls instead of standing up and he still havent dont anything could it be the shots for craving food ?

its pretty late here unfortunately so i will call another vet first thing in the morning i will stay with him all night incase of anything

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He definitely needs to see a different vet. He will likely need sub-q fluids. Whatever the first vet gave your 6-week-old kitten seems to have made him worse. I hope your kitten survives the night and will improve soon! Do keep us posted!

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He definitely needs to see a different vet. He will likely need sub-q fluids. Whatever the first vet gave your 6-week-old kitten seems to have made him worse. I hope your kitten survives the night and will improve soon! Do keep us posted!
i am super worried his still same condition. i fed him some wet food puree its very wet so i was able to feed him throw plastic injector and i fed him some water too, the problem here all the vets aren't advanced they're like very basic but i will most definitely check another vet tomorrow

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If i recall right it was 36. He didn’t tell me about it so i thought temperature wise his alright
Its lowish for cats. Good if you can have a warming blanket or IR IR lamp or such... continue with sugar water or pedialyte... quite much of it... next step may be goats milk or kmr

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its lowish for cats. Good if you can have a warming blanket or IR IR lamp or such... continue with sugar water or pedialyte... quite much of it... next step may be goats milk or kmr
alright tysm, it really pains me to see him not moving for hours when he barely slept because of playing with us. gonna feed him some more sugar water hopefully his gonna be alright

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
alright tysm, it really pains me to see him not moving for hours when he barely slept because of playing with us. gonna feed him some more sugar water hopefully his gonna be alright
Is he sleeping because he played with you, or is he sleeping because he is more or less comatose?

Anyway, IF he is comatose and barely moving, massage him with your forefinger. Its nice for him and its as if momma licked him...

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yoo good morning great news! I tried feeding him wet food paste and he loved this kind
E286A751-4425-49D8-9C06-661315D6581F.jpeg

its probably not made for kittens tho but his loving it and its the first thing he accepted to eat in 2 days, i fed him a little bit but i am scared to give him large quantitie maybe he will vomit ? Because he definitely wants to eat more of it

Also he looks to have a little more energy. Not like before he got sick tho but i am guessing that will take sometime i am happy with anything as long as his alive

I would love to hear if anyone have experience with this kind of food and if i could feed him more

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can surely give him. Esp now when its the only he accepts. But in the long run he must have kitten food; which is richer in taurine and more fat.

FozexD

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can surely give him. Esp now when its the only he accepts. But in the long run he must have kitten food; which is richer in taurine and more fat.
What is esp ?
And yeah i am so glad he got some energy back gonna continue with this wet food paste until he wants to try his kitten food again, i think his just scared from food because he vomits it so he associates all food with vomit but what do i know

Because in the morning i fed him the paste then in a few hours i went to feed him he was very skeptical to eat then when he tasted it he dug in