Murphy Needs Spayed! Looking for help with cost ❤️

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Screenshot_20230801_134218_Gallery.jpg

Hey everyone!

Murphy just turned a year old on July 5th and just went into her first heat. She has not been spayed yet because she had a really bad infection on her two hind legs due to over grooming. She has suspected food allergies and her legs are finally clearing up after steroids, antibiotics and a diet change! Now she needs spayed (she is currently in heat and spraying everything!!) and we are having to go with a different spay and neuter clinic due to our usual place not taking any appointments and are booked out to October. This clinic is $80 more than our other one so we are hoping to fundraise to help with some of the extra cost. I have made her an appointment for May 15th! Thank you so much for looking ❤

GoFundMe Link

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 456105

Hey everyone!

Murphy just turned a year old on July 5th and just went into her first heat. She has not been spayed yet because she had a really bad infection on her two hind legs due to over grooming. She has suspected food allergies and her legs are finally clearing up after steroids, antibiotics and a diet change! Now she needs spayed (she is currently in heat and spraying everything!!) and we are having to go with a different spay and neuter clinic due to our usual place not taking any appointments and are booked out to October. This clinic is $80 more than our other one so we are hoping to fundraise to help with some of the extra cost. I have made her an appointment for May 15th! Thank you so much for looking ❤

GoFundMe Link
First let me start by saying she is an adorable little tortie.
I'm glad your little girl got over her infection and her allergies are starting to clear up with meds and a diet change.
I may have misunderstood something in your post.
Why don't you use your regular vet in October? That seems like it would be better for you because it is your usual vet, it is cheaper, and it is in October which is only a 2 months out whereas the other place that you have an appointment with is in May which is 9 months out and more expensive
I think that would be your better bet.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First let me start by saying she is an adorable little tortie.
I'm glad your little girl got over her infection and her allergies are starting to clear up with meds and a diet change.
I may have misunderstood something in your post.
Why don't you use your regular vet in October? That seems like it would be better for you because it is your usual vet, it is cheaper, and it is in October which is only a 2 months out whereas the other place that you have an appointment with is in May which is 9 months out and more expensive
I think that would be your better bet.
Hello! I did not see this before so I apologize! Murphy went into heat and so I needed to get her spayed ASAP. I'm not a fan of cats in heat. The cheaper spay and neuter clinic wasn't taking appointments until October but it could have been even longer.

I also just realized that I put May 15th which was supposed to be August 15th!! I was so confused by your comment I had to re-read my post haha. Murphy got spayed on Tuesday and I no longer need funding for this!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I did not see this before so I apologize! Murphy went into heat and so I needed to get her spayed ASAP. I'm not a fan of cats in heat. The cheaper spay and neuter clinic wasn't taking appointments until October but it could have been even longer.

I also just realized that I put May 15th which was supposed to be August 15th!! I was so confused by your comment I had to re-read my post haha. Murphy got spayed on Tuesday and I no longer need funding for this!
Ahhhhh ok lol that makes perfect sense then lol I was so confused when I read your original post and was like ummmm October is way closer than may hahahaha
I'm glad you were able to get your baby spayed. How is she doing?

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhh ok lol that makes perfect sense then lol I was so confused when I read your original post and was like ummmm October is way closer than may hahahaha
I'm glad you were able to get your baby spayed. How is she doing?
She seems to be doing really well! They gave her 3 days of pain meds. She's been curling up and sleeping with me. I was worried she'd be mad at me for a long time!

She actually still has the skin condition and currently has some plaques on her left hind leg. They diagnosed her with eosinophilic granuloma complex. When she's done healing from her spay she'll go to our vet and get a steroid and I'll ask to biospy her skin to make sure it's not a parasitic issue.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing really well! They gave her 3 days of pain meds. She's been curling up and sleeping with me. I was worried she'd be mad at me for a long time!

She actually still has the skin condition and currently has some plaques on her left hind leg. They diagnosed her with eosinophilic granuloma complex. When she's done healing from her spay she'll go to our vet and get a steroid and I'll ask to biospy her skin to make sure it's not a parasitic issue.
I'm glad that you are in the process of getting answers now it is just to make sure. That is awesome.

I really felt stupid I read and reread and reread your post like 4 times trying to figure out if I was wrong about the months.. lol like maybe somehow my brain was all jumbled and May was somehow sooner lol so this today definitely gave me a good laugh.

So did she have food allergies or does she only have the eosinophilic granuloma complex?

I felt the same way when we got our girl spayed I just knew she was going to hate us but no she didn't hate us one bit lol..

I still can't get over how gorgeous Murphey is.. she is absolutely gorgeous!

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that you are in the process of getting answers now it is just to make sure. That is awesome.

I really felt stupid I read and reread and reread your post like 4 times trying to figure out if I was wrong about the months.. lol like maybe somehow my brain was all jumbled and May was somehow sooner lol so this today definitely gave me a good laugh.

So did she have food allergies or does she only have the eosinophilic granuloma complex?

I felt the same way when we got our girl spayed I just knew she was going to hate us but no she didn't hate us one bit lol..

I still can't get over how gorgeous Murphey is.. she is absolutely gorgeous!
She does have EGC it's just a matter of figuring out if it's an allergy or not that's causing the skin issues. I have been only giving her food without chicken to see if it's a chicken allergy. Other options are environmental allergy which is way harder to fix and a parasitic allergy which can be seen in a biopsy of her skin.

She is so very pretty. I'm so lucky to be her cat mom!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does have EGC it's just a matter of figuring out if it's an allergy or not that's causing the skin issues. I have been only giving her food without chicken to see if it's a chicken allergy. Other options are environmental allergy which is way harder to fix and a parasitic allergy which can be seen in a biopsy of her skin.

She is so very pretty. I'm so lucky to be her cat mom!
Well hopefully it isn't environmental.. and hopefully with the tests they can determine the cause quickly and get her leg cleared up. That would be amazing if it was figured out quickly/efficiently so she doesn't have to deal with it any longer than necessary.

You truly are blessed to be her cat mom. She is such a beautiful little girl and seems like she is for the most part kind of laid back.

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wanted to pop in and see how the beautiful little Murphey is doing?
Aw thank you so much!! She seems to be doing great! She had a vet appointment on Thursday for her leg and she was given a steroid shot and some liquid antibiotics that I give twice a day. Her leg is looking less yucky already! She was starting to also lick at her belly where her spay incision was so I'm hoping we caught that in time as she had already licked it a little raw.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so very much for the update.
My oh my, Murphey is such a pretty little lady!!! I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Hopefully her leg continues to get better. Did they ever figure out exactly what was causing it?
It sounds like her spay went well. Does her incision look red, is there any discharge or foul odor, at least she is on a round of antibiotics that will hopefully make sure her incision doesn't get infected.