Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Munchkin Mix?

Discussion in 'Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?' started by MunchkinPaws, May 15, 2019.

1. MunchkinPaws

MunchkinPaws Thread Starter Yuki the Munchkin and Kai the Kat Kitten

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend
    Hi all

I adopted my Munchkin Yuki 7 years ago. I never thought about her mix until I saw this kitty on Instagram. They look like twins!

I asked the owner what breed she was and she said a Siberian. She had a couple of them.

I looked into them and found. Neva Masquerade Siberians. They all look like Yuki. Blue eyes and all. There were a few I came across that had short legs. Most were tall.

This woman's had short legs. Yuki is the first 2 pictures in the green chair and more hunched over on the floor the other 2 are the other kitty.

I was just curious about other opinions. Thanks! and *head bonks* from Yuki

Attached Files:

Graceful-Lily purraised this.

2. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    I don't know anything about cat breeds but I just wanted to say that you have a very beautiful kitty! :heartshape:

I'm thinking more along the lines of long-haired tabby with a dominate white gene... but I could be wrong.

MunchkinPaws purraised this.

3. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Hi there! Yuki is very pretty! I would describe her coloring as seal point and white, which is the same as the Siberian in your pictures. That coloring can occur in several different breeds, so it doesn’t necessarily mean that Yuki has Siberian ancestry.

Graceful-Lily and MunchkinPaws purraised this.

4. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend

Thank you very much. She is such a cuddle bug.

5. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend

Attached Files:

Graceful-Lily purraised this.

6. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend
    Yeah, I kinda thought that but don't really know enough about breeds. I was shocked. Lol

Attached Files:

7. lutece

lutece TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    I would describe Yuki's coloring as seal lynx point and white. "Lynx point" means that she has tabby markings; a seal point would have dark points without tabby markings. She's lovely!

The other cat in the pictures you posted appears to be a blue lynx point and white, which is a similar color but not exactly the same :)

Both colors can appear in many different breeds, as well as in domestic cats without specific breed ancestry, so the color doesn't indicate that a cat is any particular breed. Seal lynx point is brown tabby + colorpoint + white spotting. Blue lynx point is blue tabby + colorpoint + white spotting.

Note that Siberian (and "Neva Masquerade") cats do not have short legs like the Munchkin mutation, although their legs may look a bit short in pictures.

8. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend
    Thank you for that info. I did not know any of it!

This is my other rescue Kai. She is a Tabby. I always call her a Street cat. Lol

She is only 5 but Yuki is 12. Yuki suffers her a bit , I think. Kai gives Yuki a daily bath for as long as Yuki can deal with it. Lol

I think Yuki knows Kai is young. That have much love between them.

Attached Files:

9. lutece

Mar 8, 2018
    I would describe Kai as a brown mackerel torbie domestic shorthair. (Torbie means tortoiseshell tabby.) She's a pretty girl, too :)

In looking more closely at Yuki's pictures, especially the last one you posted, I think she might also be a torbie (but in her case, a torbie point), as I am seeing some red/cream tabby patches. Her color in that case could be described as seal torbie point and white.

10. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend

Attached Files:

11. lutece

Mar 8, 2018
    The red/cream patches are much easier to see in the side picture; it looks like she is indeed a torbie point with white :)

12. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

13. MunchkinPaws

May 15, 2019
    Cat Friend
    Your baby is beautiful

14. lutece

Mar 8, 2018
    Thank you!

15. Kissamew

Kissamew My attitude is inspired by cats.... Young Cat

May 28, 2019
    I don't have an opinion except to say OMG how sweet is she?! She's so pretty!