Multivitamins for cats?

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a flyer, sort of an ad circular/coupon for GNC multivitamins for pets today when I was picking up some food at Petsmart.  It came with my receipt, which was a tiny bit suspect.  I think it's more targeted towards older animals, but I was a little surprised at the idea that a cat could need a multivitamin.  What do you think?  Would this be something that was necessary for cats as they get older and deal with the "old age" conditions/illness like arthritis, etc.?

Edited to add - the text of the flyer says, "Did you know that the amount of nutrients your pet requires increases with factors such as stress, pregnancy, illness, and age?  A multivitamin from GNC Pets is the perfect way to help ensure your dog or cat is getting the vital nutrients they need."

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi :)..... I have never used a multi-vitamin for cat's. It is not necessary if feed a good quality cat food. Even for senior kitties.... Good diet is all they need. Of course, there are specific supplements for certain conditions but a multi vitamin IMO is not necessary. I am sure it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to try it. :wavey: