Multicat House New Addition Problems Need Advice

LadyKatzenfrau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My situation is a little different and it is sort of understandable that I'm having some issues.
When I first joined this site my oldest of 4 my best friend Remy got gravely ill. We had just added a new kitten Ash. He was a nightmare for all 3 cats 9yrs +. Dealing with my sick girl was a lot for me. I attempted many times to write here but could never stop crying long enough to finish. Long story short Remy had lung cancer and a tumor behind her stomach. I had to let her go after 15 wonderful years. I was a serious mess. But after some time I was able to give Ash all the attention he needed things got much better. Our cats go outside. Not my favorite choice but nothing has been able to change that. They behave like dogs, in and out and dont travel out of yard. Ash 3 months later, April 12th , after Remy passing was hit by a car. I am crying writing this please bare with me. I am filled with guilt, he was only 10 months old. I was inconsolable.
Two days later My fiance did the only thing he could think of and ran out and got another cat to fix me, female rescue. Also 10 months old. Little Lilith, She was born outside and pregnant by 6 months old. Two babies, one died. We took her in. He did this all wrong. Bless his heart. I got a cold and was on the couch sleeping when he brought her in. He let her out while the other two were outside. When the two Vlad n Eva came in and Lil attacked. She has never stopped attacking them. Nothing like Ashs bullying. She seems to hate all other animals but LOVES people. Shes a sweetie to everyone.
We have never gotten over Ash, Remy was old it hurt it hurt so bad but Ash was unacceptable, we got another baby 10 months old that looks just like him. Our older too are getting along great with the newest but Little Lil is not. She made his nose bleed from one swat. This new baby (sorry no name yet) wants love from all of them. Right now Lil is in our bedroom I have keep her separated. She even tried to attack my neighbors pitbull. Also a big sweetheart. But Jeez. I have to keep a harness on her during her extra aggressive periods, just so i can grab her and leash her.
I dont have a lot of back story but Im guessing Lilith had terrible experiences with other cats while she was living outside and pregnant at 6 months.
Vlad and Eva probably weren't ready after just losing Ash and Remy. But it is what it is. I can not get rid of her. I dont have it in me. I can't bare the thought of her not being loved again. Or end up surrendered.
I think more time is going to be needed. But i welcome any advice. Ive tried calming sprays and collars. And even the plug in infuser.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, nothing we can say to comfort you for losing beloved furry friends, but as far as your worry that the latest introduction was done wrong, you can relax because there is no such thing as a permanently screwed up introduction; cats have short memories. You just need to back up and do a proper introduction, as suggested here:

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

The guide for doing a proper introduction is here:

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

After you do a proper introduction, feel free to post again as to how its going. And remember, after the proper intro, anything short of actual fighting is OK. Growling, hissing & swatting are not ideal, but don't necessarily mean the process is broken or not capable of progressing.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! We're glad you're here!

Just in case you haven't tried these for her, there are treats, one is called Calm-o-mile, one is Composure, and also Petco has a NatureVet brand.
Other diffusers are made by Thunderease and Sentry if you wanted to try those.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. I'm so sorry for the loss of your senior lady Remy, and kitten Ash. :alright: RIP sweet kitties. :angel:

Years ago, my family had to put down a 16-ish year old male cat. Then less than a year later we adopted an adorable kitten. He was perfect in every way, except his relentless desire to go outside. One night he went out and didn't come home. My Dad found his body. He'd been hit by a car. Our kitten was less than a year old, so I know how horrible it is to lose one so tragically and so young. :(

With the cats you have now, they may never all be best friends, but you need them to at least co-exist.

A ArtNJ has posted the links to the 2 articles on cat introductions.

Here's one more article that may be helpful:
The Multi-cat Household