Mucus In Soft Stool

Twiggybaby

Twiggy 9 years old
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty has enlarged lymph nodes in her intestine. Ultrasound showed. Have been feeding her rabbit minced n rabbit cuts with gravy for the past week. For treats raw freeze dried rabbit. Trying to transition her over to raw but she does not like the frozen kibble. Last night she started with diarrhea n noticing mucus. Quite a bit. Called the oncologist n still waiting to hear back. Do you think this is the diet? Or something else? She is eating n otherwise acting normal.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like the issue of either IBD or Small Cell lymphoma, it's often very difficult if not impossible to tell which it is. Is you kitty on a steroid of any kind? A steroid will often take care of the inflammation and sometimes make it possible to keep things under control with just diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twiggybaby

Twiggy 9 years old
Kitten
Purraise
She is on prednisolone twice a day. And feeding her rabbit minced from instinct. Wanted to get her on raw diet but oncologist said no. May contain bacteria. She does not tolerate flagl. Her diarrhea is worse the last 3 days. Taking her to a hollistic doc tonight to find out what to feed her n to see if she can take probiotics. I'm so tired of doctors saying it does not matter at this point.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she can't tolerate the rabbit, maybe try something else. Maybe chicken? I had a cat on prednisolone and he did really well for over a year, despite showing up at my house with very advanced mouth cancer. i even had a office person tell me I shouldn't give the steroid for so long, it could cause kidney failure. I told her "you know what? The poor cat is already dying, he can only die once, so if it makes him feel better and have another day in the sun, I'm giving it to him." Just make sure your baby is encouraged to drink lots of water, and just love her for as long as you can. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow.....bless you for loving her as you do, you are both so lucky to have each other.