Ms Sprinkles and her breathing/voice.

Lilo Monroe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, hello again, as most of you know I have 3 cats. 2 full siblings and their older half sister (and the star of today's concerns.) Compared to the strength Julio has in his big voice, Sprinkles has like.. none, very quiet and raspy.

Julio screams.
Dorie squeaks.
Sprinkles rasps.

Maybe she's just like that, I've heard of cats who are just naturally quiet. but her breathing? It's extremely congested, and It's not like a little stuffy every now and then. It's always very heavy and like fluttery, I've noticed that when she lays on her stomach or side that it adds a bit of flavour, like heavy pulp in orange juice. Sprinkles breathes extremely louds is basically what I'm saying.

I've read that cats with conditions usually stray awat from their family and owners and are sometimes irritable.. but Sprinkles is the opposite, she's so unbelievably sweet. She lays her whole body on your stomach to cuddle (unlike the twins who prefer my body pillow or my forearm.)

she's careful when playing to not scratch your hand, even when I'm hand feeding them (which julio bites me and dorie feels the need to suck my finger??) sprinkles gently takes it from my fingers. I don't even think I have more than at least 2 scratches from sprinkles on my body.

I'm just curious.. do you guys think sprinkles has a condition or something? This is very recent, like late december, early january recent.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, it does sound like something is wrong. I suggest you take her to a vet so they can do some blood work, to check for any signs of infection, and X-ray her lungs.

There are a lot of nasty conditions that affect breathing this way, so it's best to find out what is wrong and treat it as soon as possible.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitly agree with Norachan Norachan . While this may "just be her," you don't want to take any chances with your babies health!