Mrs. peppers is having her kittens!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are wanting a Siamese himalayan
Hmmm...  Guess you are wanting a cat with points.  Siamese and Himlayan are two breeds at the opposite ends of the spectrum in just about every way, except they both have the pointed pattern.  Siamese are slender, long-limbed with huge ears and a very short coat, Himalayans (pointed Persians) are stocky, small ears and a huge dense longhair coat.

All pointed kittens are born white and the points start to fill in over the first week or so.  They develop where the kitten is coolest - ears, feet, tail, nose. 
The kits may darken a bit as they age. I know. Orientals do and sometimes other breeds. The points also can darken.
Orientals don't darken with age - I know, I have three of them.  Siamese and other pointed cats do, and some seal-points become very dark with age.  Also pointed domestics are often darker as they haven't got the selective breeding for a pale body.

tonymel's litter doesn't contain any pointed kittens.  It does look like a couple have a fever coat - the two with a gradient from head to body.  I think they will end up black.

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How did everything happen? I feel like my cats getting close but what was your experience with the time leading up to her giving birth? Signs the way she acted all that!! They are beautiful by the way!!! Congrats

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey so my cat is due within the next 3-4 days, can yyou talk about your experience leading up to theyre birth. Her actions signs alk that! Its my first littwr abd my cat roxys! What should i look for. Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you Hi :) well I didn't really see any signs. she didn't have any milk I'm her nipples until the day she had them. She was really vocal for a couple of days but she acted normal the day before she had them. She was also very calm with the birth.

cutepanda01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like Mrs. Peppers! She is beautiful! The kittens are adorable! My cats, Edwena and Barry are both 14 and bro and sis. They will

hunt with StarClan soon...

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
these are all six of the kittens. The fever coat is still there but its less noticeable.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the fever coat does go away, they will be a dark grey. They have a dark grey face with white underneath their ears

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A fever coat is when the mother or the kitten has a fever at the time of birth and the coat of the kitten goes from dark to light. It will usually go away.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: all of the kittens found a new home. A very nice lady took four of them. She volunteers to help feral cats and find them homes. One of the kittens went to a friend of mine. He's doing great :) Mrs. peppers got spayed on Wednesday. She had trouble climbing on my bed and she was slow at first but now she's acting fine. Thanks everyone for all the help throughout this thread! :D