Moving to Florida

sibbell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am planning to move from chilly New York to sunny Florida in the next few months. Sasha, my cat, has been with me for just about six months and has settled in here very well. I know that she will be upset by the move, but am wondering if there is anything else that I should anticipate when she gets to our new home...the heat, the pool, and the airplane ride to get there will all be very new to her. Should I consider putting her in a boarding place for a few days while I get the new house a bit sorted out or will that upset her more?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

seulf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It might be a good idea to give her a room or a few rooms to herself while you get things sorted in your new home. That way, she'll get used to the smells of your new place, without losing touch with you.

I live in Florida, and I can tell you that you won't have much problem with the heat until late May. If you're moving down here later than that... Well, just keep the air conditioning on!
Or crack a window if it's a nice day. As for the pool, or any outdoor stuff, don't let her run free until you've finished getting the house set up and you have some time to keep an eye on her.

Congrats on the move, I hope you enjoy Florida!