Moving to a new home for 2 months!!!

noodelsmoma2008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I  am moving in with my dad & his girl friend for 2 months!!!!     Also I am moving in 4 days.             What can I do to help my cat adjust to the move?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I am moving temporarly because the home where I live in now there are 2 dogs that pee all over the downstairs And even though my bedroom is on the second floor, when I got downstairs to do anything I starting chocking and cant Breath & I have severe asthma.        While I am going for 2 months my family will be fixing the house.View media item 239978

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you first arrive, I would keep your kitty in your bedroom with some of her favorite things for a day or so.  Try to have the bedroom neat and unpacked before she arrives.  Have her favorite blanket or cat perch to sleep on.  You might want to get a feliway diffuser to help her with the transition.  Also make sure she knows where the litter box is to be.  Keep her schedule similar to what it was at your old place. 

Will there be any other animals at your Dad's?  If so that will need more help. 

Hopefully after a day or two, she will feel settled enough and you can show her around the place.  Be prepared for her to hide under your bed or dresser or bookcase.  If you don't want her where you can't get to her, block off those spaces.  You can put the mattress/box springs on the floor if needed.  If you think you can easily retrieve her, then no need.