Moving The Litter Box

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After the initial first few days he has been flawless with his litter box (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx it :) ) . But his litter box is still in my room and it's messy on the carpet. I'd like to put it in the bathroom- the door is always open and it has a tile floor, but I don't want to mess up a good thing, and since it's right next to my desk I can say for sure how often he's going and if there are any issues (I never thought I'd be watching a cat poop!) I'm just tired of the extra vaccuming. Thoughts? And if I do move it, how do I do it so that it doesn't screw him up?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Add a second, identical box in the bathroom, and then move the existing box toward that as Furballsmom Furballsmom suggested.

You could also get a large washable rug (or, two - one to replace the other come the time to shake it out or wash/clean it) and place that under the litter box in your room to help catch litter.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
until you get it where you want it, buy a large rubber mat you put in the tub/shower to keep from slipping. Place it under the litter box so that most of it is uncovered and will catch the litter that spills. It's easy to sweep with a hand whisk broom and matching dust pan.