Moving kittens

Jakentiger2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi people I’m new here. My grandma has been wanting me to move my cats from her room upstairs. They are exactly 3weeks and 3 days old as of today and I live in the basement and it’s cold. How should I move them? Can I move them? And can i keep them in the same room as me?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jakentiger2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi people I’m new here. My grandma has been wanting me to move my cats from her room upstairs. They are exactly 3weeks and 3 days old as of today and I live in the basement and it’s cold. How should I move them? Can I move them? And can i keep them in the same room as me?
And what temperature is too cold for them to live in? I’m going to get a thermometer before moving them. Thanks a lot

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do they have a momma, or are they orphans? Is it good momma, keeping them warm?

At 3+ weeks they are becoming able to keep up their own temperature, so its not so very important any longer to have good warming up.

But you can perhaps arrange some heat source? So they can warm up themselves when they wish.
An IR lamp, alike they use in lizard terraires, is good.
Or a lamp used by rheumatics. You can surely find some used. Just be sure they cant burn themselves, or get the lamp down: kittenproof...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they can be moved at this age, but like Stefan said, a heat source is important. Are you able to get a space heater for your area? If not, can they live outside of your grandmother’s room but in another part of the house that is warm?

How many kittens are there? Do you plan to spay the mama cat in a few weeks so she does not get pregnant again? If you give us your city and state we can look for a low cost spay/neuter clinic for you.

Jakentiger2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do they have a momma, or are they orphans? Is it good momma, keeping them warm?

At 3+ weeks they are becoming able to keep up their own temperature, so its not so very important any longer to have good warming up.

But you can perhaps arrange some heat source? So they can warm up themselves when they wish.
An IR lamp, alike they use in lizard terraires, is good.
Or a lamp used by rheumatics. You can surely find some used. Just be sure they cant burn themselves, or get the lamp down: kittenproof...
Yes they have a mama who is veryyy good
I have a heater for them

Jakentiger2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, they can be moved at this age, but like Stefan said, a heat source is important. Are you able to get a space heater for your area? If not, can they live outside of your grandmother’s room but in another part of the house that is warm?

How many kittens are there? Do you plan to spay the mama cat in a few weeks so she does not get pregnant again? If you give us your city and state we can look for a low cost spay/neuter clinic for you.
low cost clinic would be very helpful I live in Edmonton Canada

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise