Moving Into A New House With My 2 Cats

kevinjinha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I'm moving into a new house that only allows me to keep the cats inside my room. However, I am very cautious and worried that the cats might be irritating to the others that live here. Sometimes, one of my cats scratches the door if it's closed. I REALLY do not want to damage ANYTHING.

Another thing is I have my own separate bathroom, if I constantly clean the litter box it will be okay right? I am just a little paranoid because i have a big room with 2 cats. I don't want it to smell or I don't want them to destroy or damage anything in that house. They are not destructive , in a sense, but they are curious and always scratch furniture. They will most likely be staying in that room only, the house is too big for them to roam because I do not want to get cat hair or anything on anyone. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

kalikitty97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I'm moving into a new house that only allows me to keep the cats inside my room. However, I am very cautious and worried that the cats might be irritating to the others that live here. Sometimes, one of my cats scratches the door if it's closed. I REALLY do not want to damage ANYTHING.

Another thing is I have my own separate bathroom, if I constantly clean the litter box it will be okay right? I am just a little paranoid because i have a big room with 2 cats. I don't want it to smell or I don't want them to destroy or damage anything in that house. They are not destructive , in a sense, but they are curious and always scratch furniture. They will most likely be staying in that room only, the house is too big for them to roam because I do not want to get cat hair or anything on anyone. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
I would say get more than one litter box and place them in different areas, since you have more than one cat in a relatively small space. I get those little gel air fresheners with the pop up top that are like 99 cents at Walmart and those mask the smell of my kittens gnarly poops (and we keep her litter box in a little bedroom..so without the air freshener it smells awful!). If your cats aren't picky, you can always try scented litter as well. I would say as far as scratching things..make sure they have plenty of scratchers and maybe even a cat tree if they don't have one. There are plenty of options on Amazon that are cheap and still good quality (just make sure to read reviews). If you give them more spaces they can be they won't be getting into the places you don't want them. I just recently bought a cat spray called Stop That! and it's just an air can that makes a noise when sprayed, and releases pheromones that the kitties don't like. I use it on my kitten for biting, but you can also use it for them scratching furniture as well. Just make sure you catch them in the act.