moving homes, worried about strays

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im moving houses and there's currently three stray cats I've been feeding for about a month or two now in my garden. There's an adult cat , her daughter (a young cat about 5-6 months old), and her other daughter (a kitten of about 2 months). I don't feed them much, just once a day (im not financially stable at the current moment). I'm going to be moving in about a week and I unfortunately cant take them in and im worried they will go hungry without me here. I do live in a very friendly community where lots of people pitch in to care for the strays, but im still a bit worried. im worried the most for the youngest cat who i think can't even get out of the garden on its own and im scared it will not be able to get food. I don't know what to do since I dont have anyone to take them in either.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you live in an animal friendly community, I would try right now to make connections with someone who could help to continue to feed the cats, possibly TNR them. Even though you don't give them much, it might be all that they get so it will make a difference once you move. The mom is breeding very quickly and this will continue leaving more cats with no source of food.

If the 2 month old cannot get out of the garden, there will probably be a situation with the new tenants who might not want her there.

Since you are moving so soon, go out now and see what connections you can make for them locally. It is unlikely in the present state of things that a rescue will step in. Using nextdoor.com is a good way to make contact with those nearby, if you are in the US.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The above is great advice. Right now the kitten has a great chance at being adopted too. Work now to get this accomplished and establish others who can try and get them to another house nearby where you know people will watch out for them.