Moving cat and introductions HELP!!!

cuddles14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone again!
Me and my chubby cat moved into my mums three weeks ago!
I wish i could say it was going well...

My mum has two cats Miffi female about 10years old ans Teddy his 7 years old.
Me andCuddles my cat shes 3 years old moved in my room rather small but big enough for the both of us and her food litter scrath post and bed. She was kept in my room for two weeks. Over the last week wen my mums cats have been outside ive let cuddles out to have a walk around n sniff about! This has been going well. She was scared at first but now confidently walks out my room!
She meet mums cats thru the glass patio door they were one side my cuddles the other. Cuddles stared at them then started playing with her toys giving them no aggression or paying no attention really!
Today me n mum thought we would let miffi n cuddles meet as the both girls. Miffi is old and doesnt fight shes so laid back.
Cuddles walked in the room ans didnt notice miffi was there she spent some time walking around till she saw her cuddles hissed and went to scratch miffi. Miffi ran away and cuddles went back into my room so i shut her in again and petted her she went to sleep.
I know it takes time but now im feeling like going back to square one i dont know where try again or keep them apart longer ?!
We have 4 feline diffusers in the house and my mum sparys a calming spary at night. Teddy has not meet cuddles face to face. Cuddles seems happy in my room. Am i doing something wrong ?! What else can i do?
I just dont know the next steps to take?! Some cats nevr get along i dont want that be the case!
Love my cubby cuddles. And my mums cats. Why cant they get alon!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Hi cuddles14, welcome to TCS!

Is this a temporary or permanent move? If you\ll only be at your mom's for a few weeks or months, I might not worry about introducing the cats - especially if everyone seems happy in their respective rooms. If this is a more permanent move, I can see why you'd like to get them to the point where they at least tolerate each other, even if they're not friends.

Have you checked out some of our cat introduction guides? We have some great resources on the site here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide

Introducing cats can take awhile - some cats, particularly older ones, can have a tough time with newcomers. The trick will be just to keep calm, and move at the pace the cats set, even if it's much slower than you thought it would be. Good luck!