Moved to new flat ....

purrfect timing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been in a flat for a couple of months now but my Two Female cats have been staying at my mums whilst i got things sorted.

I was able to move them in yesterday and have kept them confined to one room until they get settled.

They have both settled in pretty well but the problem is with the eldest cat ( they are mother and daughter ) . Although she as used the litter tray to wee she  hasent pooped yet and this is unusual for her. The younger cat as been ok and everythings fine with her but i am scared of leaving the flat until the mother manages to use the tray to poop.

She is mooching behind things and i am worried she may be looking for somewhere to go.

Am i worried for nothing and will i be ok to nip out do you think ??

P.S. Tonight is not going to help with it being New Years Eve and all those darned fireworks.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I would make sure the litter tray is right by where she is hiding so she can see it. I don't see any problem with nipping out somewhere quick. As for tonight I would put a radio in the room they are in. So the music drowns out the sound of the fireworks. Most cats like a bit of background music any way. It seems to make them relax. That's why a lot of boarding catteries play music to the cats staying there :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfect timing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply , i haven`t decided wether i am out tonight or not but i will certainly take your advice with the radio if i do.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be too concerned at this time that she hasn't poo'd yet. Change can unsettle cats, and perhaps some of this stress has changed her bowel routine a bit. Also it is quite common for a cat not go poo every day. Since she is aware of where the box is and has used it to wee in, I'd just let her be. The sniffing around is probably just her learning her new environment.

Do you have 2 boxes? If not, perhaps adding a second would be a good idea. If more then a couple of days go by without her going, try a little pure pumpkin in her food.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

purrfect timing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i have two litter trays but they are side by side , i don`t know wether they would be better in different locations but they have always been together so don1t want to cause confusion.

I`ll see what happens in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the reply.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully your cats are both doing OK and not too many fireworks going off where you are tonight.  How is mother cat doing?  Is she still wanting to hide a bit?  Another thought is if she has not been eating so much with the stress of the move as that could be causing her usual bowel routine too.  Fingers crossed she is alright over night and you see signs of her settling and looking better tomorrow so you can all have a more relaxed and positive start to the new year. 

Last edited:

purrfect timing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Goodnews , 6.20 AM and she finally has done it. Both Cats seem to be settling in fine now. I`lll let the explore the rest of the flat over the next few days and will have to make a decision wether to let them outside. Theres a Carpark / Courtyard out front so i1m a bit unsure.

I stayed with them last night so i kept them occupied when all the fireworks were going off and i don`t think they were that bothered.

I am really glad to have come across this site and i will post some pictures of the Cats soon.

Happy New Year to All.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

How better to celebrate the New Year on TCS than a bit of litter action!