Mouth Trauma, Lower Canine

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Currently freaking out from an emergency call at work about my 5 year old siamese.

She was downstairs and got scared and tried to run up the stairs and hit her mouth on the corner of the stairs very hard...I then come home to see her bottom right canine is completely horizontal and there is blood near the gum where the tooth must have got hit hard enough to dislodge it from the root of her gums.

I made her an appointment tomorrow with her primary vet at 4pm. However should I take her to the ER? She is sleeping on my coat right now. Shes not pawing at it but keeps running her tongue over the tooth. I don't know how much pain she is in but I know she is uncomfortable. This just happened within the last hour. The ER is about a 2+ hour wait depending if there are other critical cases and she is not vaccinated because we just moved from California, and couldn't see her previous vet due to covid. So I am extremely worried if I take her to the ER and she picks up something she does not have shots against.

Any help is appreciated, none of my babies have ever had trauma like this and I am freaking out.

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She may have some difficulty eating, so I would give her wet food mixed with water so it's thick like oatmeal. I think you're good to wait for the regular vet.