Mouth disinfectant?

adering

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had bad teeth six years ago when he was a year old. The vet pulled all the teeth but the four fangs up front. (I had to push to save those teeth; the cat really enjoys grooming his nails and I didn't want those teeth going without a fight.) The vet agreed with me but warned me they'd probably have to come out in a few months. (Like I said, that was six years ago. The four teeth are still there, still doing okay.)
However, there is a little pus up under the gums on his (the cat, not the vet) upper fangs. Is there an ointment (prescription or other) that I can apply to help keep the gumline disinfected? I am able to wipe away the pus each day by carefully expressing what will come out. I'm careful to press so that I am not directing the pus further up into the gums, but I really would like to take a more proactive approach to disinfecting what I can.
I figure the more information I have when I go to the vet, the better.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will need a oral antibiotic. I can't think of anything that can be applied topically, it has to work from within for something like what you're describing.
I wouldn't wait to get to the vet either, especially if you want to try and save his teeth.
Hope he heals up quick.