Mother Cat And Her Kittens

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just had kittens about 5 days ago and she had 5 of them I built her a small little bed in my closet and it’s not dirty or anything but she has moved one of the kittens while I wasn’t here but she’s hasn’t moved any other ones. I don’t know where she put him I checked all in the house and I haven’t found him I moved all the other kittens on my bed so I could look around the closet and after I got done she moved the rest of them back to the closet and I’m scared she might’ve taken him outside and I can’t find him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please do not allow mom to go outside anymore while she has small kittens. It’s not safe for mom or the kittens.

It is possible that she ate the kitten. Moms will sometimes do this when they feel the kitten is not healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please do not allow mom to go outside anymore while she has small kittens. It’s not safe for mom or the kittens.

It is possible that she ate the kitten. Moms will sometimes do this when they feel the kitten is not healthy.
I don’t know if she ate him I haven’t seen anything where she might’ve and once I left she was inside but I think my brother might of accidentally let her outside or she ran out the door while he was leaving the house for school.

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Right now she is inside with her kittens

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you look behind bushes outside?
I’ve checked my backyard and my front yard along with my neighbors front yard I even took her outside and followed her around for about 30 minutes

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you check nooks and crannies in your home? Cats are excellent at finding hiding places.

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you check nooks and crannies in your home? Cats are excellent at finding hiding places.
I’m sure I looked everywhere I’ve checked everywhere I’ve ever seen her go along with everywhere else in the house.

Trista_Zumbrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not sure what she did I know that she use to be a stray about 5 months ago and I always let her out while we are gone then let her back in once I get home. But there is this male stray cat the she got pregnant by so i don’t know what could’ve happened

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please stop letting her out now that she has kittens. She can actually get pregnant again very quickly!

Set up a litter box for her inside.

She’ll need to be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah cats do eat their kittens sometimes I had to review the rooms security camera footage before i could accept it