mother cat actting violent need help.....

superkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so my cat that i took in for about 2 years now had kittens in october. I still have one of them hes a boy named rhaegar. Very cute and fluffy. Anyway the mother cat has been actting violent towards him every since she became in heat. Will this attitude pass or do you think there is another reason why she keeps attacking him?

Last edited:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 You should have the mama cat spayed immediately.  That should end the problem and also prevent more kittens being born.  You should also get the little boy kitten neutered. He is plenty old enough. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

superkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah im thinking that or finding a new home for mama cat. Thank you for responding. =)

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get mama spayed first so she will be calmer if you re-home her.  You can and should charge a "rehoming fee" which will help you get reimbursed for the surgery, and asking a fee screens out people who might not value the fact that she is spayed and might not spay her if you just gave her away to them.  There are lots of low cost spay & neuter clinics in the USA, it doesn't have to cost a small fortune.  You will be doing your part in preventing cat overpopulation.  Every kitten that is NOT born saves a life of one in a shelter because there will be a vacancy in a home for it.