Most Ridiculous Injury You Have Had In Your Life?

Reecejackox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say being stabbed in the arm with a pen or being hit in the head with a cricket ball during a cricket match.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Falling off a horse that took an awkward jump over a fallen tree, and having my wrist just happen to land on a partially buried, large diameter, tree root.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our hay baler had broken down, so my older sister and I were unloading loose hay from the wagon to the barn. We were standing side-by-side, and for some unknown reason, June took her pitchfork and turned toward my side of the wagon to pick up more hay. What she got was hay, all right- and my right foot as well. She drove one of the tines completely through my foot, and then ran to the house screaming, leaving me with a foot impaled and no way to pull it out by myself.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Ha. How timely. I broke my little toe last week and have to wear a very stylish (not) orthotic shoe for six weeks. I turned around really fast and slammed it into the bottom edge of the closet door. There was much swearing involved.

I did the same thing...same toe...back in the early ‘90s when I was playing with my cat, Teddy Bear. We were playing chase, and I followed her at top speed into a room where the door wasn’t fully open. Ow.
1AA9D910-D62C-44CA-BD98-22BB4E0F2BD6.jpeg

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they give you a protective boot for broken toes (other than big toe) now? All I ever heard was, "It's not bent. Stop hitting it, $100, please."

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our hay baler had broken down, so my older sister and I were unloading loose hay from the wagon to the barn. We were standing side-by-side, and for some unknown reason, June took her pitchfork and turned toward my side of the wagon to pick up more hay. What she got was hay, all right- and my right foot as well. She drove one of the tines completely through my foot, and then ran to the house screaming, leaving me with a foot impaled and no way to pull it out by myself.
I grew up on a farm and a lot of high school guys would bale hay in the summer, it actually paid better then anything else in the area. Every year at least one guy would put the hay hook in his knee instead of a bale of hay.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, they give you a protective boot for broken toes (other than big toe) now? All I ever heard was, "It's not bent. Stop hitting it, $100, please."
Yeah, I didn’t wear a boot for the first one. I just “buddy” taped the little toe to the others. They told me to do the same with this one, probably because not only is it broken but also bent out to the right. And I think the boot is because the break is low and they don’t want me to flex the joint where my toe meets my foot.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on a farm and a lot of high school guys would bale hay in the summer, it actually paid better then anything else in the area. Every year at least one guy would put the hay hook in his knee instead of a bale of hay.
It would have been one thing if I had skewered myself, but for my sister to make a shish kebab out of my foot? That's something else entirely.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the 80's big hair was all the rage. I would bend over and blow dry my hair upside down to get maximum height. One rushed morning I quickly bent over and bashed my forehead on the bathroom counter, knocking myself out.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Used a weedwacker while wearing sandals. I think everyone can figure out what happened. I had to hobble around to the front door to get to the bathroom to clean my bloody big toe in the tub. When I told DD (who was about 12 at the time), she just looked at me and asked, "HOW did you think that was a good idea?"

Her: :rolleyes3: :doh2:

Me: :dunno: :paranoid:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was the day before my 11th birthday, and I was jumping on the bed. I jumped off, landed on one of those big bouncy balls, and cracked my jaw into the wall. Ended up in the emergency room. Apparently, my jaw is pretty strong because nothing was broken. Didn't even need stitches. Can't say the same for the wall though - I left a crater 5 inches across.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw out my back in high school (which resulted in a lifetime of back problems) because I accidentally set off the football field sprinklers and decided to go mud sliding with my track teammates. Then in college, I threw out my back again when I went to pick up and throw away a dead bug off my dorm room floor.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not long after I started dating my fiancé, I woke up in the middle of the night to pee. My knee went out and I basically went flying across the room into the dresser and ended up with big bruises on my foot (where it went under) my leg and my face. I was a bit worried people were going to think he'd hit me or something, when it was just my famous clumsiness.

I broke my collarbone at age 4 by running into a wall chasing my brother.

Those are the only two I can think of offhand.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Walking back to bed one night after getting up to visit the bathroom....my foot banged the edge of the door trim. It hurt but I just settled into bed and tried to go back to sleep. It really started to throb and I told my self to quit worrying about a little bump and go back to sleep. It began to throb so I turned on the light and was surprised to see my little toe off to the side and bent backwards.

There was no way I was going to the Emergency room at three AM. I pushed all the little bones back into place, which greatly lessened the pain, and went back to sleep.

Went to the hospital the next morning and they had an orthopedic physician look at it. He asked "who set this? Was it one of the doctors in the emergency department? I explained that I put everything back. He then asked "how did you know how to position the bones?" I told him "Uh, I have another toe just like it on the other foot... I just pushed them around till it felt the same as that one." He looked a bit surprised, but then told me that everything was back in the right place.

Apparently there were 5 bones broken, which was hard to believe because it seemed like I just barely bumped the door trim.

Then there was the time back in college when a guy thought it would be funny to grab my shoulder and scream in my ear to make me jump.

Turned out that I tend to "react" more than "jump." Sending my fist into his open mouth earned me 17 stitches. Still, I fared better then him: one tooth broken off and one knocked out and a huge bruise on the side of his face from hitting a doorknob on his way to the floor.

I could write a book about my motorbike induced injuries....

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an encounter with sandals and gardening tools when I was 11 or so. I wanted to plant a small garden and was using a shovel to dig it up. It was hard work - the soil was dry and hard-packed. So I got the great idea to jump on the shovel like a pogo stick. One emergency room visit and six stitches later. . .