Most Loved Treats

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am curious what opinions there are on the treats that cats love the most. Not interested in nutrition here. Can be official cat treats, raw stuff, canned stuff, whatever you feel the cat most responds to.

In my limited experience my kitty seems to like canned tuna more than anything else I have given him. Slurps up the juice and licks the bowl clean every time. He doesn't really seem to have much affection for the normal crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle official treats.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine love tuna too but they also love Webbox lick e lik although I only give this after medication.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats go for tuna too, but absolutely wild over Hartz Delectables, stew- lickable treat in the pouch. Chicken and tuna. I have one little guy that cries and follows me around EVERY day for his bit of deli fried chicken that I get at Walmart, (NOT chicken tenders), I call him my little chicken monster.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite and weird treats have been discussed on TCS before:

Weird Treats Your Cat Will Beg For
Cat Treat Suggestions
What Is Your Cats Favorite Treat?!
Cat Treat Suggestions
Healthy Cat Treat That Isn't Insanely Expensive?
Low Carb Snacks That Don't Include Poultry, Fish, Or Liver?

Freeze dried treats like PureBites are popular. So are pieces of plain raw or cooked meat. Some cats go for gizzards and liver and heart.

Can be official cat treats, raw stuff, canned stuff, whatever you feel the cat most responds to.
Many cats will eat anything you offer to them so it's important to make sure that what you offer as a treat is safe for them to eat.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are dopey. They enjoyed a little genuine turkey around Thanksgiving and ignored the bit of chicken I gave them yesterday. Raja adores tuna juice, Mizu ignores it. Raja loves raw, freeze dried foods and Mizu will toss it up in a heart beat. Mizu only likes Tuna Temptations and bonita flakes.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine hates anything fish lol

Lydia loves Friskies Party Mix and Tiny Tiger treats. However her favorite treats right now are Wysong Archetype Quail food, or the Wysong Dream Treats.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish flakes! Bonito tuna fish flakes. Krista adores these. Her favorite part of the day is the fish flake hunt. After every meal, I seed some/most of her cat trees and carrier with fish flakes and let her make the rounds collecting them all. It started as a way to keep her active in her old age but it also has the benefit of marking end of meals to her so I can go back in the kitchen and cook for myself in peace.

She also likes freeze dried raw turkey liver. She's not much of a chewer since she had chewing teeth removed (molars, premolars) but she will chew through these. That's high praise! These are the only hard treats I trust with her because I know she will chew them and not just swallow them whole.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuna, Dr. Esley's chicken dry - she can only have 6 a day, she's sensitive to chicken, the dog's diet food kibble.*

*I know she'd loose weight faster with wet food, but we no longer have the hand strength to dig it out of the cans.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel loves friskies party mix crunchers with the gravy in them.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, SG loved Purina Party Mix so much that became the focus of her life and she gained 2 pounds in a month. I thought chasing them was exercise, apparently not enough. We don't buy them now. She refused to chase the healthy ones with cranberries in them. Just like the dogs never wanted the healthy dog cookies at the vet. No one offered SG a cookie at the vet.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats super picky about treats. They really Greenies though..

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat only likes Greenies, Stella and Chewy freeze dried, and very specific tuna. Tuna cat food and grocery store canned tuna are repulsive to her and always have been. It has to be the tuna that my stepmom's coworker's husband caught and jarred. It's not in water or oil or anything, it's just a really solid chunk of tuna crammed into a jar.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has to be the tuna that my stepmom's coworker's husband caught and jarred. It's not in water or oil or anything, it's just a really solid chunk of tuna crammed into a jar.

Whoa! I'm with that kit on that one.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pure Bites are a favorite. Especially the duck. They also love plain cooked meat like turkey, chicken and steak.

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I will have to try some of these. My Molly is so intensely cuddle motivated she won't eat with a person around. It would be wonderful to find something she recognizes as a reward/treat/positive reinforcement OTHER than cuddle sessions. Failures so far are four-five brands of crunchy treats, bonito flakes, fresh warm turkey, ham, chicken, pork, beef, salmon, tilapia, canned tuna, about six varieties of wet food, chicken baby food.....XD I haven't tried freeze dried treats though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Midwest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will give bonito flakes and some kind of "lickable" treats a try.

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had one cat who never responded to any treat but bonito flakes. For those? Oh, she'd do nearly anything for those. Made harness training her much easier.