Most common vents for you

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to vote "other" since the things mentioned really don't bother me to much. I have to say I vent the most lately about the people living above me. I think they have kids and they get on my nerves sooo bad running around!
This building was so nice and quiet before until these people moved in, we are planning on moving probably soon. I vent about pretty many things, especially when I come back from the grocery store, you should hear me then!
That's why I don't go to often I don't need to get my blood pressure up.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you mean, Lisa, about how annoying beyond words it is to have noisy, inconsiderate people living above you! I can hear every step they take upstairs, and it's so aggravating when their children are running back and forth, jumping up and down and screaming. The worst thing is it stresses Sierra so much!
The only good thing about winter is the home owners rarely come here to the beach to stay in their top portion of the duplex! It's so much more peaceful and quiet!

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Venting or the Fine Art of Complaining for the sake of Complaining.

I try to keep my vents to paper or to my blogs (I have quite a few...!).

I can and DO complain about many things, but usually just a "I wish...blah blah... okay, I'm done, back to life..." sort of thing. Clean, simple, get over it.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I know what you mean, Lisa, about how annoying beyond words it is to have noisy, inconsiderate people living above you! I can hear every step they take upstairs, and it's so aggravating when their children are running back and forth, jumping up and down and screaming. The worst thing is it stresses Sierra so much!
The only good thing about winter is the home owners rarely come here to the beach to stay in their top portion of the duplex! It's so much more peaceful and quiet!
Stephaine, I'm sorry to hear it bothers Sierra.
I'm always worried about that with Sash too, but ya know what? It never bothers him. They can run, jump, bang whatever and he doesn't seem to hear a thing! Thank god for that. It just drives me crazy, it sounds like a heard of elephants on my head!

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do what my Aunt used to do... when the guy in the apartment got too loud, she'd bang the boomstick against the ceiling.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylent Rayne

Do what my Aunt used to do... when the guy in the apartment got too loud, she'd bang the boomstick against the ceiling.
That's funny! I've started doing that with my swiffer, can you tell it's driving me crazy. My boyfriend gets mad when I do that though but I can't help myself. They usually quiet down to then.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

People that indulge in disgusting habits in public send me straight up the wall! I was in an office today and this man was smacking so loudly on a huge wad of gum that I could hear it 30 feet away. I seriously wanted to walk right up to him and backhand across his filthy mouth. Nail biting makes me furious. My sister did it just to annoy me when we were growing up, and I once broke 4 of her fingers. I fired more that 1 person for doing either of these things when I was in management, and gave them a terrible reference when called for another job.
Stupid people annoy me almost as badly, as do people that allow their children to run wild in public.
People that have loud booming stereos, blaring offensive so-called lyrics also *isses me off. I absolutely HATE rap and hip-hop! I won't even call that garbage music.
Gee! I feel better! Thanks!
i hope you will never be my boss

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i vent on here about my family or anything that comes to mind because i have noone else to consult to

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was torn between family-work/school-marriage.(Tony and I arent married, but I figure after 4 yrs of living together,,might as well consider it that.)
family-My mother and I do not get along because she is a raging alcoholic and I always go through rounds and rounds with her and then say that I wash my hands of it and I am not going to let it bother me,,and then I stay up late at night crying in bed about it
work/school-no explanation needed!LOL
marriage-This is not my BIGGEST vent, just the most common because, well because there are lots of things,,nothing too big though.

Really, although I was torn between these three, I do not get upset over much at all,, college stresses me out but I like it so I get over it,,, the 'mom' thing only happens about once every month or two, and I get irritated at Tony only over average to big things,, never stress the small stuff. The daily hassles or tiny annoyances dont stick with me like they do Tony,, I destress easily,,,,,But you left out one big one...............FINANCES!!!I think that stays on my mind and stresses me the most!

murphysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would have to say family issues #1 and not my kids or husband... mom.. sister.... and not its more of my own fault.... I cant be responsible for their happiness or their day to day life... but I would certainly like to be.. its a huge sore spot of frustration for my husband.... I find myself more wrapped in their problems then they are... I dont like being in a situation where I cant do anything to improve it.... I also selected other.... I vent constantly about rude people... I think I get beeped at in my car probably twice as much as others... why cant people wait the extra 30 seconds and let someone in or out...... yesterday, I got beeped at in the Walmart parking lot.... and I wasnt even back in my car yet... I guess I didnt return my cart fast enough for the irrate woman in her Jeep... and she beeped at me while I was on foot.. I actually got a good laugh out of it considering I managed to get beeped at while not even being in my car
.... Happy Wed to you all!!

Gina...

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely work-related. I work with the most selfish, laziest co-workers I've ever worked with (and I'm even talking compared to my part-time job in the summer with high school students) and every day is a battle to get to work because I know I have to deal with them. Likewise, my boyfriend has some lousy co-workers and I'm constantly irritated with them - but he had a job interview today so here's hoping it went well and he gets the job!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

People that indulge in disgusting habits in public send me straight up the wall! I was in an office today and this man was smacking so loudly on a huge wad of gum that I could hear it 30 feet away. I seriously wanted to walk right up to him and backhand across his filthy mouth. Nail biting makes me furious. My sister did it just to annoy me when we were growing up, and I once broke 4 of her fingers. I fired more that 1 person for doing either of these things when I was in management, and gave them a terrible reference when called for another job.
Stupid people annoy me almost as badly, as do people that allow their children to run wild in public.
People that have loud booming stereos, blaring offensive so-called lyrics also *isses me off. I absolutely HATE rap and hip-hop! I won't even call that garbage music.
Gee! I feel better! Thanks!
Wow! Venting is one thing but breaking someone's fingers! Have you ever looked into anger management? Have you ever had any abuse charges laid against you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me-n-my guys

School is also one of the worst things for me. I put family, because my parents talk about me where I can hear them, they yell at me, and sometimes my dad even punches me if angry enough. ( )
It makes me wonder about these abusive people. Most of them do their awful things behind closed doors. I wonder what would happen if the truth came out, like at their jobs. If I knew that one of the guys at work punched his kid when angry, I'd shame him right out of there. I'm a skinny girl with a big, fearless mouth, & vent often!
I believe that more of us should do the same, when we see something wrong.
Please hang in there! Get a good education, & get the heck out.
Don't worry about me, my dear. *hugs* I'll be alright. He does, but not too hard, and not too often. I act up, I admit.
Thanks for being concerned.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

For me, it's mostly random things that happen out in public more than family or work/school issues.

And I'm sorry, but, he *punches* you? That is abuse, and you should report it. How terrible, I'm so sorry.
I agree. He doesn't do it because he's angry, and he wants to take it out on me. No, then I would report it. I act up. I yell, tease my brother, I admit it. he gets mad, and sometimes can't help it. But he is better about it. Aw, your concern means alot though.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dicknleah

Work definately work. I have been here for 12 years and I hate it. I hate having to be away from my furkids 14 hours a day. I hate never getting a raise. I hate-hate-hate it! Phew, that felt good.
Aw, we all do. Its great venting like this to each other. As already said, it feels like we are all one big family.

I hate school. I hate that we aren't payed for what we do. I hate that the law forces us to go. I hate that I have so many people bossing me around. Sometimes, a feel so helpless.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

I agree. He doesn't do it because he's angry, and he wants to take it out on me. No, then I would report it. I act up. I yell, tease my brother, I admit it. he gets mad, and sometimes can't help it. But he is better about it. Aw, your concern means alot though.
Ashley, and Stephiane, I love you guys. Its okay. Read on.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Wow! Venting is one thing but breaking someone's fingers! Have you ever looked into anger management? Have you ever had any abuse charges laid against you?
I also had to admit what she did was crazy. I only broke someone's nose in self defense. I was being choked. I think she might need some help....

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny sweetie,,there is no excuse for punching of any sort, especially not from an adult male. "Acting up" doesnt qualify as a good excuse either,,,I hope your situation really isnt too bad hon., I think you are too old for physical pucishment though, especially 'punching'.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The finger breaking incident was years ago, and it was the culmination of many months of torment by my disgusting, nasty sister. She lived to aggravate and torment me, and during my somewhat misspent youth, I snapped on her several times when I just could not take it any more. She was about 300 lbs., I was about 100, and she would sit on me, gnaw her nails bloody, and spit them on me. She was abusive to all her siblings, and none of us stayed in the house one day longer than we legally had to. She is the most horrible human being that ever lived, and I still cannot stand the sight of her. She lives to torment and abuse anyone she can, and seems to be proud of it. She has no friends, and only my daughter will give her the time of day. I tolerate her in very small doses for my daughter's sake. She is usually on her best behavior when we have to be around each other. I almost hate to admit it, but I have made her scared of me. She is the one that is defenseless now, and even though I would now walk away before I snapped on someone in a wheelchair, she does not know that.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mines work, mostly. It's hard to explain but I have this psycho woman who has supervisory duties over my program (i work at a college), and I have been doing this for so long there isn't much that needs fine tuning anymore. But she likes to come up something...anything to bug me about. Iam worried she is undermining my future if I choose to move.
Other than that I feel my life is running aok at the moment.