Morsel/sliced Canned Food Options?

MaliCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I could use some suggestions for canned foods. We have two new kitties (Echo ~8m & Siren ~4m) and I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking their food choices (my 17y/o cat died in April and had CKD for a few years).

They do NOT like pates, but they also don't really care for shreds of food a la TikiCat. I've been going through Dr. Pierson's spreadsheet trying to get the best foods for them as far as being low carb, high protein, and moderate fat.

TikiCat was a one & done for them - they wouldn't eat more than a can or two when I first offered it and ignore it now. They ate Weruva Truluxe (On the Cat Wok, Peking Ducken, & Quick 'n Quirky) but decided they didn't care for it after a short time. Even after not feeding it for months, they refuse when I try to give a can of the Quick 'N Quirky from the half case I have left.

Their consistent favorite now is Merrick Backcountry pouches in all flavors (minus the fish). I suspect that they might not care for either the straight Turkey or Chicken flavors, but they're inconsistent with the refusal so it's been hard to pinpoint so far. They also wolf down Royal Canin Adult Instinctive or Intense Beauty thin slices in gravy but I'm not as fond of those given the wheat gluten & flour.

They do have dry kibble left out for them consistently (blend of Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein and Young Again 50/22). I've also been working on finding a raw food for them to offer at dinner time (children are in bed so less chance they can sneak in to play with it) which has been a bit challenging. Echo seems to prefer Rad Cat (now made significantly more obnoxious to source since Pet Food Express no longer carries it and our local independent store would have to special order it so I'll have to drag the kids out to go get it from pet food stores that are less convenient). She ate half a bag of the Stella & Chewy turkey freeze dried raw, but then refused it and Siren then was interested in the last few bowls of that. Neither of them care for either Primal frozen or Instinct frozen.

Are there any other good foods out there that I've overlooked that are high protein/low carb and come in morsel/slices in gravy format?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, your kitties are quite delightful and cute!

I feed Dave's Shredded Chicken Dinner, which is that morsel in gravy type (it says "shredded" but it is definitely process meat chunks). No carrageenan, and not too expensive.
Dry matter from catfooddb.com: Protein: 44% Fat: 22% Carbs: (est) 9%

I also feed Go! Petcurrean Fit & Free is a little higher in carbs, but it's a "stew" with the morsel type. Big hit with Olive.
Dry matter from catfooddb.com: Protein: 44% Fat: 25% Carbs: (est) 25%

The Wellness line has morsels, the food is pretty rich, and Olive didn't enjoy them quite as much but didn't reject it. That would be a good option to try.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats also enjoy the royal canin sliced foods. I honestly dont worry too much about the grains in them. Other than the digestive formula they are fairly low in carbs.

some other that i feed, that are similar are nutro minced chicken, and sliced turkey.

Nulo has a few minced foods my guys really like the turkey and duck.

American journey has some minced flavors that my guys like.

As KarenKat KarenKat says wellness has some minced foods, they are fairly high in fat i think, my guys have not been fans of wellness.

Sheba has the perfect portions, mine like the chicken and salmon, and the new chicken and veggies.

whole earth farms also has some morsels in gravy, my guys will occasionally eat the chicken one, its fairly small minced pieces.

Purina beyond, and pro plan also have some minced foods

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Redbarn also makes a couple of stews that are sliced/chunks. I believe they make a chicken and also a beef.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your kittens are adorable. Mine love the merrick backcountry pouches as well. I’ve also had good luck with the natures variety pride line. They have various recipes of minced / sliced food. They are all pretty low in carbs and some are nice and high in protein. Mine go crazy for their rockstar rabbitt but they also make diva duck and champ chicken which are good also.
My two also enjoy natural balance platefuls. Those are morsels in gravy pouches. I don’t feed those too often as they are a bit too high in carbs.
Nutro makes minced chicken and sliced turkey that many cats love.. those are higher in carbs but a good option to have. Good luck :cheerleader:

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could use some suggestions for canned foods. We have two new kitties (Echo ~8m & Siren ~4m) and I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking their food choices (my 17y/o cat died in April and had CKD for a few years).

They do NOT like pates, but they also don't really care for shreds of food a la TikiCat. I've been going through Dr. Pierson's spreadsheet trying to get the best foods for them as far as being low carb, high protein, and moderate fat.

TikiCat was a one & done for them - they wouldn't eat more than a can or two when I first offered it and ignore it now. They ate Weruva Truluxe (On the Cat Wok, Peking Ducken, & Quick 'n Quirky) but decided they didn't care for it after a short time. Even after not feeding it for months, they refuse when I try to give a can of the Quick 'N Quirky from the half case I have left.

Their consistent favorite now is Merrick Backcountry pouches in all flavors (minus the fish). I suspect that they might not care for either the straight Turkey or Chicken flavors, but they're inconsistent with the refusal so it's been hard to pinpoint so far. They also wolf down Royal Canin Adult Instinctive or Intense Beauty thin slices in gravy but I'm not as fond of those given the wheat gluten & flour.

They do have dry kibble left out for them consistently (blend of Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein and Young Again 50/22). I've also been working on finding a raw food for them to offer at dinner time (children are in bed so less chance they can sneak in to play with it) which has been a bit challenging. Echo seems to prefer Rad Cat (now made significantly more obnoxious to source since Pet Food Express no longer carries it and our local independent store would have to special order it so I'll have to drag the kids out to go get it from pet food stores that are less convenient). She ate half a bag of the Stella & Chewy turkey freeze dried raw, but then refused it and Siren then was interested in the last few bowls of that. Neither of them care for either Primal frozen or Instinct frozen.

Are there any other good foods out there that I've overlooked that are high protein/low carb and come in morsel/slices in gravy format?

My kitty likes any of the weruva brand, cat in the kitchen. They are shredded.