More worried this morning

teacherdl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted yesterday about our sweet kitty, KiKi.  I'm more worried this morning.  All she ate yesterday was a few treats that I took her and drank a little bit of water that I also took to her. This morning, she hadn't touched her food or water dish and there was nothing in the litter box. So, it has now been twenty four hours of not eating her food and not going to the bathroom.  She is also walking a little funny...back a bit arched, and she is back in my bed asleep again. I called the vet this morning, and she has an appointment at 10:45. I'm full of anxiety.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is good that you are taking her to the vet.  It could be any number of things.  Has she pooped lately?  The way she is walking I am thinking she may be constipated.  That will cause a kitty to quit eating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teacherdl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

It is good that you are taking her to the vet.  It could be any number of things.  Has she pooped lately?  The way she is walking I am thinking she may be constipated.  That will cause a kitty to quit eating.
She had pooped and used the litter box fine until the last 24 hours, but she has just been a little "off" the previous couple of days...just not herself..no energy and sleeping more than normal, but she had kept eating, so it was confusing. Now, she is not eating...unless I take her a treat. She will eat that and drink a little if I take it to her.

2leo2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recommend to keep her in the area where her  water and food bowl are placed and keep her there for around 25 minutes, you could be there to play with her if wanted. I also recommend not to give her these treats for the 25 minutes she is in that area and see how she will react, if in this time she refuses to eat then give her the treat in a good enough portion. Overall I think that the food you are giving her is having an effect in her digestive system which could lead to her not using her litter box and giving her constipation which allows her to walk an unusual way that has her back arched and clenched. 
 (Keep the litter box with the food and water bowl in the 25 minutes you are with her)     

Hope I helped you!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With nothing going in, there's nothing to be eliminated.  The hunching isn't a good sign. That means something is wrong, so I'm glad you're getting her to the vet.  Keep us posted on what you find out.