More Urinary Problems

stiv

crazy tortie lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
My cat, Autumn, is 12 1/2, and was diagnosed with FIC/FLUTD about 3 years ago. Well, there's been a sudden change in her behavior - for the first time in her life, she is starting to pee on my clothes and other soft, cloth items. At first I thought it was because my work clothes smell like dog pee (kennel tech) but then I caught her just now peeing on sheets I put in the laundry pile.
I'm scrambling to pick up and put away all the dirty laundry I have on the floor before work, as I feel as if closing her out of my room may worsen her condition. I have the next two days off and just got a new car allowing me to take her to the vet ASAP, and she's due for a checkup anyway.
I have to order the food she eats online (Wysong Uretic - she snubbed her nose at Hills and Purina RX), and this past time a couple weeks ago I ordered a bit late and they shipped it from a warehouse all the way across the country instead of the one they usually ship from ~2 hours away, so she had to eat a different food for a few days. She does well on the food she eats, would just a few days off of it be enough to cause what appears to be delayed symptoms? I know sometimes picky cats get stressed out when something like that changes, and I've also been stressed out lately and my work hours increased again recently, which could also be affecting her.
The vet's office is closed right now so I have to wait until 9AM to call them, so I figure I'd post here in the meantime. I'm scared because she's never acted this way before, and she's also been more clingy lately. Her symptoms are otherwise typical of her flares. I do want to make sure she has no other underlying medical issues that developed since her last checkup, but if the bloodwork comes back clear they'll probably just tell me to make sure she's comfortable, right? She's been prescribed courses of Clavamox in the past, but it's hard to tell if that or time really made a difference, especially since her issues aren't always caused by an infection.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
The food could be it but I'm actually thinking your stress and work hours are definitely a part of it.
Does she have a lot of water bowls scattered around?
Have you tried any calming products?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stiv

crazy tortie lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that was why I mentioned it - I really think that's probably the culprit, and having to eat the "house" food from my kennel (not a bad food but VERY rich according to my boss) for a few days probably didn't help. She's very in-tune with me, if I'm off so is she. Lots of stress for me currently.
There are two water bowls but she mostly drinks out of the bathtub. I haven't tried any calming products, but I can easily get some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stiv

crazy tortie lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet is closed Wednesday, which I forgot. Already quite upset, I'm trying to sleep after my shift and she leaked some urine onto my bed. :( I'm afraid I might have to "quarantine" her out of my bedroom until this stops - I *just* did my laundry, have no other clean sheets and cannot afford to just keep doing it repeatedly. I believe she has probably leaked in the past, it's just much more noticeable combined with the inappropriate urination. I guess I just have to keep an eye on her, keep all cloth off the floor and keep her off my bed. I hope this isn't the result of diabetes or anything. As she mostly drinks from the tub and isn't an only cat her liquid consumption is hard to gauge.