I might have some more later...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a few more for you:

Mom: DSH grey w/white nose & feet
Kitten 1: DLH all grey (M)
Kitten 2: DLH grey w/white nose & feet (F)
Kitten 3: DSH b/w tuxie (M)

Also...

Mom: DSH tortie
Kitten 1: DSH tortie (f)
Kitten 2: DSH light orange tabby (M)
Kitten 3: DSH calico (f)
Kitten 4: DSH calico (f)
Kitten 5: DSH grey/white (m)

Mom: DLH grey w/white nose, feet & tummy
kitten 1: DLH mostly black w/bit of white on face, white paws (f)
kitten 2: DLH all black (f)
kitten 3: DLH gray/white (f)
kitten 4: DLH black/white (f)
kitten 5: DLH black/white (f)
kitten 6: DLH all grey (f)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you know basic genetics and colors, its easy to figure out. I did a lot of studying on it when I bred rexes so that I could predict some of the colors (some people perfer certain colors).

Black is dominate over blue; Red is dominate over cream (for example). Also if you know that the "X" chromosone is the color one, you can tell what the male/female is or can pass on. A red male can only give red/cream color to the females in a litter, so they would be either a red/cream or a calico if the mother had black/blue in her. The female gives color to both males/females in the litter as she has 2 color genes (XX).

When you get into the pointed, tabby, white genes - that's more complicated.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still need any? Here's a few.....

This is Tri-Bi. She was a stray I had a while back.

These are her kittens.... two gray, one tuxedo, and one blonde.

This is Topaz, who is CJ and Billy's mom. This is her last litter that she had (Not CJ and Billy's litter.) Two blonde, one orange and white (looks just like his momma), one orange tabby (like Billy), and one dark gray.

From the same mom above, she also had a litter of 5 white kittens, and one orange kitten. (This litter was CJ and Billy's litter)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any time you have a solid white kitten ONE of the parents has to be solid white - white masks all the other colors.

Our last breeding rex (odd-eye white) was really a tortie under that white since she gave us both colors.

melsa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever had a male tortie or calico? I know the odds are like 200:1 so I was just wondering because I've never seen one...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering who the father is of this litter...

Mother
DSH Black

Kittens
Black Male Short Hair
White Male Short Hair (sm black spots on head)
White Male Short Hair (med black spot on head) Odd-eyed
White Female Long/Med Hair (very small black spots on head)
Tortie/Tabby Female Short Hair
Brown Tabby Male Short Hair
Gray Tabby Female Short Hair
Gray Tabby Female Long Hair

Pretty interesting litter. All have copper eyes, except the odd-eyed.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kluchetts, your's is an interesting one but kinda easy.

As I said - if you have white kittens one parent has to be white.

You also have 2 different fathers. One is an odd-eye white that is carrying red tabby under the white color. The other father is either black (carrying blue as dilute) or is blue (grey). The mother is black (as you said) but she's carrying blue (grey) as dilute. The mother and one of the fathers are carrying the longhair gene as recessive.

The brown tabby came from the combination of the father being tabby combined with the black from the mother - it changed the tabby to brown. I'm guessing its more of a darker blackish brown tabby?

Your two grey (blue) tabbies are from the other male - not the white one. Since the white one is only carrying red, he can give red to the tortie female and the grey tabbies would be carrying cream with that (like the tortie). But since they are not bluecream tabbies and just blue, they have a different father.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Kluchetts, your's is an interesting one but kinda easy.

As I said - if you have white kittens one parent has to be white.

You also have 2 different fathers. One is an odd-eye white that is carrying red tabby under the white color. The other father is either black (carrying blue as dilute) or is blue (grey). The mother is black (as you said) but she's carrying blue (grey) as dilute. The mother and one of the fathers are carrying the longhair gene as recessive.

The brown tabby came from the combination of the father being tabby combined with the black from the mother - it changed the tabby to brown. I'm guessing its more of a darker blackish brown tabby?

Your two grey (blue) tabbies are from the other male - not the white one. Since the white one is only carrying red, he can give red to the tortie female and the grey tabbies would be carrying cream with that (like the tortie). But since they are not bluecream tabbies and just blue, they have a different father.
Ooh, thanks, that was fun! I had seen a tabby around (either blue or brown), so I assumed that I would have black boys and tortie girls. IMAGINE my surprise to get those little white ones. (the mom is now tamed and spayed, btw.) Thanks!

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cleo, a rescued momma who looked to be siamese body type,and was a torti color had 5 kittens.
A red tabby and white male, short haired, a red tabby male who was medium haired, a solid blue grey female, medium haired, a torti female, short haired, and a black and white male, short haired.

jenavere

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valhalla, one of my favorite mommas at our shelter is a DSH blue tabby with big gold eyes. She weighs in at a little over 8 pounds.

She had 3 kittens in her last litter before her spay.

3 males, 2 solid black with gold eyes and one solid blue with gold eyes.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Melsa

Has anyone ever had a male tortie or calico? I know the odds are like 200:1 so I was just wondering because I've never seen one...
The odds are actually quite a bit less than that. Male cats can only have both black and orange fur if they have a specific genetic abnormality. Even if they have this abnormality, they are far from guaranteed to be calicos or tortoiseshells - most cats with this condition would actually not be calico or tortoiseshell. So it is very rare indeed, and not desirable because it does mean that the cat has a genetic defect. However, these cats can live perfectly fine lives as pets.

andria313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm about a month late here, but I've got a pretty strange litter I'd love some help with (if you're still offering!). Mom is a black domestic short hair, very thin/petite build. She had three kittens, who are only 6 weeks, but right now they look as follows:

1) male, med/long hair, black with white chin, tummy and feet, gold eyes
2) female, med/long hair, white with grey striped points, blue eyes
3) female, short hair, cream with seal points, blue eyes

Any thoughts to the mystery?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister had a male Calico boy when my daughter was only 9 months old.He was mainly white, but had orange and black on him.I can't upload pics, but could e-mail it to someone if they wanted to see him.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andria313

I'm about a month late here, but I've got a pretty strange litter I'd love some help with (if you're still offering!). Mom is a black domestic short hair, very thin/petite build. She had three kittens, who are only 6 weeks, but right now they look as follows:

1) male, med/long hair, black with white chin, tummy and feet, gold eyes
2) female, med/long hair, white with grey striped points, blue eyes
3) female, short hair, cream with seal points, blue eyes

Any thoughts to the mystery?
Not an expert, but sounds like the dad was siamese, and the mom had a little more than solid black in her genes.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heres Maverick and Jupiter family tree. i got Maverick from a friend so can trace her family back a few generations:

Jupiters great grandma Puzzle: dsh tortoishell.

(puzzle's kittens) Jupiters grandma Zara and her brother and sisters: black dlh, long fluffy tail and small build (even the boy)

(zaras kittens) Maverick (Jupiter's mum): black dmh with brown tones, small build,long fluffy tail small delicate features. Maverick's brother charlie: black and white dlh

(maverick's kitten) Jupiter: black dmh with brown tones and slightly curly fur underneath, large build, fluffy tail, flatter features.

we think jupiter's dad was a large dsh grey tabby. large build.

andria313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks... the cream one looks quite siamese. But I can't figure out the white one. Are there white siamese? None of mom's litter mates were white, or her mother. Could dad be a siamese/himalayan mix of some sort, and have passed siamese traits to one and himalayan traits to the others? Or two dads? Even the body types are different... the cream one is longer and slender, while the other two are fat, round, and poofy. So strange, but I think they're the prettiest kitties I've ever seen!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Andria, your cat sounds like she mated with more then one male - the colors/combos cannot be from one cat. Any solid white (not pointed) cat has to have a white parent. Pointed cats have to be from another pointed cat or both carrying the pointed gene. The pointed gene would come from siamese or himilayan (for different coat lengths).