Mondays question of the day!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As ive been left without a working phone via my telephone company...

How much do you rely on modern technology?

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too much. I am in the information security industry. I cannot imagine a day without Internet access.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Totally rely on it.  I'm on a computer all day at work, cell phone, what have you.  And same at home.

However, having said that, when Hurricane Sandy hit last year and we had no power for a week, I managed.  All I wanted at that point was the heat to come on - I wasn't really caring much about the interwebz 

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm worse than a lot of people and not as bad as some.... I don't use my phone much. I got my first "smart" phone in October.

I wouldn't have met my husband if I didn't have a computer to play mabi on.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it but when comes down I am fine with not net/cable/cell.  With Sandy we did propane tank heater and managed fine.  I did go to mcds a few times just to get on web and change of pace.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a computer, but I use my smartphone for so many things to stay connected to the internet for information & family. It seems like my 3rd hand! :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am utterly and completely dependent. 

One morning (and I think I posted about this that day), I came into work and....
  • plugged my Nook in to charge
  • plugged my phone in to charge
  • plugged my iPod into the computer to charge
The third thing I do when I get up in the morning is get online (first is the elliptical/treadmill, second is make my coffee) 

I usually have my phone plugged in the car when I'm driving to keep it charged. And my phone has a really good battery (it's a Droid Razr Maxx HD, known for its longer battery life), but I always keep it plugged in anyway. Sometimes when Rick is working OT on Saturdays, he has to get out of bed around 3:30, so he'll use my phone as an alarm, just in case Bootser decides to sleep in that morning.

When we put the baking island in the kitchen, we're going to add a "charging nook" at the end of the island. It's just a small shelf with an electrical socket to plug all our stuff in to charge. The way it is now is that we have phones and Nook scattered about on the kitchen counters.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't like the home phone much but Facebook has my vote with chat. I don't have a cell phone cause mine fell in the kitchen sink water.