Monday’s Question of the Day (on Tuesday), October 30, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hsd every intention of posting yesterday but I was extremely busy even when I was sitting down. I never even opened my laptop yesterday. So today I’m posting from my phone while I wait for my eyes to go back to normal after being dilated. :dizzy::eek3::dizzy::eek3:

I’m working on my kid’s Christmas lists. DS is really enjoying comic strip collections. Earlier he was laughing by himself in the back seat of my suv while I drove. He’d brought some comics along. We have checked out a number from the library but I’m thinking he would get a lot of enjoyment out of more that he can reread often. My mom scored 3 Calvin & Hobbs books at a garage sale. I have 10-12 books from Mutts that i let him borrow. He really likes Garfield too.

So I’m trying to browse Ebay and Thriftbooks for used collections for him. Maybe even some book lots would be good. My grandpa and I read the comics every morning while I snuggled in his lap before school when I was in early elementary school. DS is named after him and its yet another trait he unknowingly inherited. 🥹

Do you have a favorite comic strip? (Or ten like me?) And most importantly: Who is your favorite comic strip CAT?! 😉

Mutts is still my favorite comic strip and of course MOOCH is my favorite comic cat.

I do love Garfield’s sense of humor. The cat in Pickles gets some good ones in there. Dilbert’s cat too.

Pusheen and Simons Cat get honorable mentions because they aren’t in our local paper. (I have a Pusheen sticker on my phone and kindle case.)

I have a bunch of others I enjoy. Like Peanuts, Pickles. The Far Side (sometimes anyway), For Better or For Worse, Cathy. Zits. Baby Blues, Marmaduke, Blondie. There are so many good ones. I like that it’s a quick way to brighten your day when you only have a min.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't watch a lot of comic strips, but I do enjoy them when I come across them. I like the one with Snoopy because they are cute. And the only comic strip cat I know and happen to really enjoy is Garfield!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been a big fan of comic strips but agree Garfield is probably my favorite. :thumbsup:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I grew up reading Garfield, and I'll die reading Garfield. It's crazy how he's changed over the years!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read comics in a long time. The ones I liked when I did read them were Baby Blues, Zits, Blondie, Stone Soup, and Arlo & Janis.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't read comics in years. But when I did, I enjoyed Baby Blues, Jump Street, and For Better or For Worse (until she went off the rails toward the end).

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read comic strips for many years, but when I did my favourites were The Perishers, The Far Side (we used to fight over who got to see it first in one office I worked in) and Footrot Flats.