Monday's Question Of The Day - October 9, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a big coffee kind of morning here; dreary! And our first day back after fall break so maybe add another cup. Except I drink decaff so it's all a farce anyway. I saw an article recently about working hours in different countries and the average number is changing. I know my last 2 jobs were considered part time; which means just enough hours to not be full time and require benefits. :cool:

How many hours do you work each week?

At my last 2 jobs I worked (re: got paid for) about 36 hours a week. 37 would have made me a full time employee. Thankfully I've always been able to get health insurance through DH. Some paid vacation and sick time would have been nice. But I did like having that afternoon time to do things like grocery shop or have doctor appointments.

Now I'm in the unpaid, stay-at-home mom category. The hours aren't tally-able. :lol:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In around 8:15 by choice. I don't go out for lunch. Leave around 4:30 instead of 6:00 pm because of coming in earlier and eating at my desk while working. A much better schedule for this stage of my life.
I do work from home in between those hours also if something comes up that I can answer via an email. I can log on to our server from home also for emergencies.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My full time job is 40 hours a week. Second part time job ( Which is helping out at my brothers business. Which I don't do all the time, only when they are desperately short staffed. ) Is 18 hours. Which all together comes to 58 hours a week :confused2:

I would love to work just part time - 20-30 hours would suit me just fine :agree:

But, unfortunately there are bills to pay & of course keeping my 9 very spoilt cats in total luxury doesn't come cheap ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I work 35 hours a week, but get paid for 40 hours. I have several night meetings or meetings right after work a week, hence the 40-hour paycheck. My office hours are supposed to be from 8:30 to 4:30. I work from 8:00 to 4:00 with a paid hour off for lunch. I actually come into the office between 7:00 and 7:30, but leave at 4:00, unless there are meetings.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
40. My normal shift is 6 AM to 230 PM. Unfortunately, our office flooded during Irma and we had to temporarily relocate to our other location. Until we go back to our original location, my hours will be 7 AM to 330 PM.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
40, 7 a.m to 3:30 p.m. We have been offered overtime for several months now. We don't have mandatory overtime but when it first started I was getting as much as I could because it usually doesn't last very long. I have slowed down now though. I usually only work 4 or 5 hours of overtime a week now. I do a job that is both very detail orientated and can get repetitive. It is easy to overdo the hours, quit paying close attention and start getting errors.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It varies every week as I'm free lance, but it's usually between 30 and 40 hours. I set my own schedule, which means no early morning starts for me.

:thanks: