Monday's Question Of The Day - November 20, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving week for those of you in the US!

I'm not hosting this year but somehow I'm making more dishes than usual. Plus pies. I was kind of relieved to think I didn't have to prep my house for guests. Then my Dad called and told me he's coming this weekend. Now this little guy feels SO appropriate!:runaround:

So I'm jumping in to company prep-work with both feet. I've deep cleaned both my kid's rooms. Now the rest of the house needs that level of attention. It may not quite get it but I'm doing my best. :help:

One of my first errands was to swing by the local orchard for apples for my pies. I couldn't resist a package of their cider donuts and a jug of their apple cider. :cloud9: The cider is SOOOO good! Tonight DH poured himself a big glass and I was like "If you finish that I will be mad and make you go buy more!" ;):p The orchard is out of my way and the store stuff just isn't as good!

So do you like apple cider? Hot? Cold?

I love it any way you can serve it! The orchard makes apple cider slushies that are really good! I usually drink it cold but sometimes I'll warm it up and that's just as delicious! :yummy:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Yes, I love it, and that slushy sounds so-o-o good. And on a cold day nothing can beat hot spiced cider.
  2. And because of the diabetes I can't have it any more. :sigh:
Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of apples. However, I don't think I've ever had hot apple cider. I've had it cold and it was nothing special.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's okay but it isn't something that I am crazy about. It's one of those things that I won't buy myself but if someone offers me some I will drink it.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love apple cider hot or cold. One year when I was in grade school someone donated apples, lots of apples. One of the teachers brought in an old cider press and we had a cider party. The librarian read Johnny Appleseed which was always one of my favorite stories, up there with Paul Bunyan, and we took turns cranking the cider press.
Hot spiced cider is glorious on a cold day when the nose is stuffed up from the cold. Cold cider is nice too though.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of apples. However, I don't think I've ever had hot apple cider. I've had it cold and it was nothing special.
I'm not a big fan of apples either. I don't think I've had cider in decades. I didn't think it was anything special either.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not a big fan of apple cider. Our son loves the stuff. I have some Granny Smith apple cider in the fridge right now that I use for glazes and sauces for chicken and for pork. Cake and cake frostings. But I don't like to just drink it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's okay but it isn't something that I am crazy about. It's one of those things that I won't buy myself but if someone offers me some I will drink it.
:yeah:
I like hot apple cider with mulling spices, and will choose it over hot chocolate if both are available. But cold cider is just cloudy apple juice and I don't care for apple juice, bleh.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love apple cider hot OR cold.
I try not to drink it too much as it's packed with sugar. In general I don't drink my calories if at all possible.
I've been seeing a nutritionist for a few months (which is going really great) and well, let us just say she wouldn't approve of drinking cider except maybe in small amounts, on special occasions LOL

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Love apple cider, from the orchard. Just something about it. I like it cold. It is very sweet. The cold makes it feel a bit less sweet.

Hot, is good also, but I cannot drink much of it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love apple cider but it does not love me. Once a year I go to a local orchard and get their fresh pressed cider in a half gallon. If I drink small 4 or 6 ounce glasses I can handle it so that half gallon will last a while.

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Living in AK for over 30 years, with winters that lasted 6 to 7 months/yr, with days only 4 hours long and nights 20 hours long at solstice, I picked up a taste for hot spiced cider, Cider and cinnamon, sometimes with a little clove also. I would drink it at least once a week in the winter evenings, often gazing out the window at the snow.
Since moving to HI, I don't seem to have much of a taste for it any more.

Winter is beginning around here now, morning temps drop down to near 60°F. I even put my fleece pants and vest on for an hour or two until it warms up after the sun rises. But, I do not have my need for hot cider any more. I kinda miss it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sentiments exactly. :thumbsup: However, DH likes it very much.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby is a big fan of apple juice, but not so much cider. I'm not big on either. However, Trader Joe's had honeycrisp cider samples and when I tasted it, I brought home three big bottles. Talk about delicious! I poured myself a big, icy-cold glass and savored it. Later, I deeply regretted it. Alas! My other half got the rest of it and drank it with great relish. It really was delicious.