Monday's Question Of The Day - December 25, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Merry Christmas and happy holiday everyone! :gift::deer::santa:This is my first chance to sit still today. But I've got a little girl waiting to play Barbies so I'll be brief!

What is your favorite holiday dessert?

For Christmas it's Italian Chocolate Chip cookies! Apple pie for thanksgiving. Other it can vary.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A very Merry!

You all know what mine is by now....THE white coconut layer cake with extra coconut between the layers. YUM! (Rick hates coconut.)

For Dear Richard, it is cheesecake. Any kind of cheesecake. (I despise cheesecake with a passion.)

We work it out. He stays away from my coconut cake; I stay away from his cheesecake.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I'm not a big dessert person. :dunno: I guess I'll have to think about that... I'm not sure what makes something a "holiday dessert". We never had a traditional dessert that we had every year when I was a kid. I don't like apple or pumpkin pie so those are out. I cannot stand cheesecake. :headshake: So I guess if I were going to have any kind of dessert, it would be chocolate mousse made with high quality imported dark chocolate. :yummy:

With a snifter of Grand Marnier on the side. :cloud9:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh. I really miss the fudge my dad used to make for everyone every year. :sigh: Not only is my dad gone, I couldn't eat it at this point anyway because of the diabetes and the milk sensitivity. So... if we're going with things I can actually eat, I guess that now it would be a nice bowl of mixed berries. Sweet and delicious, and astonishingly low in carbs. (And I found raspberries on sale at the grocery store last evening. :wink:)

Margret

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always bake for the holidays but not always the same dessert. Yesterday I baked a triple chocolate, chocolate chip bundt cake to serve today. It was a big success! :yummy:

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas! ❤

My favorite holiday dessert is buttered rum or having an old fashion and eating those cookies, peanut butter cookies, with a Hershey kiss on top!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the moment mine is chocolate fudge cake with clotted cream and as its Christmas I intend to over indulge.:hyper:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my favorite holiday dessert varies from year to year, but it's a baked from scratch dessert every year. it's something special that i like to do, to enjoy over the Christmas holiday.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a sweet potato pie. It's delicious. I like sweet potato pie better than pumpkin pie. . .it has a richer taste. I used the Cook's Country recipe, I highly recommend it. I've also made it the same way as pumpkin pie, just substituting sweet potatoes for the pumpkin, but this version is even better than that.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I don't really have a favorite Christmas dessert. But one of my stepdaughter's friends makes delicious lemon thumbprint cookies every year for Christmas and this year I got the recipe from her to try to make them myself. Wish me luck, I'm not much of a baker. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and Apple pie for Christmas. I also like Pecan pie somewhere along the line during the holidays.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Y'all are gonna laugh, but pumpkin pie ice cream with whipped topping and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. I love pumpkin pie, but that isn't a "just on the holidays" thing for me. The ice cream is seasonal, though.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I don't really have a favorite Christmas dessert. But one of my stepdaughter's friends makes delicious lemon thumbprint cookies every year for Christmas and this year I got the recipe from her to try to make them myself. Wish me luck, I'm not much of a baker. :lol:
:woo: I did it. The cookies were good. Now I have to give a bunch of them away so I don't eat them all myself. :D

IMG_3475.jpg