Monday's Question Of The Day - August 13, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the last week of summer vacation for my kiddos and it's looking busy! So I'm posting early! It's Monday somewhere right? ;)

What is your favorite late night snack?

Right now it's Cinnamon Graham crackers, broken up into a bowl with milk. My Grandpa loved this and he got me started when I was a kid. It's best when the milk is really nice and cold! Grandpa would put them in hot coffee too. That's a bit much for me. :lol2: I need to get another box when I grocery shop next. :yummy:

I admit to being a night-time snacker. I'm a night owl and there are enough times I don't get to have my own dinner till after everyone else is in bed. But then there are those nights I just want a little something on the sweet side. Sometimes it's a bowl of fruit or a fruit cup with chia seeds. Sometimes I'm good with herbal tea. It's been too hot for that though. Every once in a while I go for a bowl of cereal. (Dry if it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch. :crazy:) But those Graham crackers are like comfort food to me. :cloud9:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chips are my snacking weakness anytime of the day. But since I am usually home more in evenings most snacking does occur then. I try to not keep chips in the house for this reason but those darn stores put them near the register.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go for peanut butter on bread topped with dill pickles, thanks to Sue Grafton. She must have been asked a lot about the pickles because in her final novel, Kinsey tells the reader all about the pickles. Unfortunately, my grocery store doesn't carry my favorite hamburger dills anymore, so I have to make do with kosher dills. :(

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scoops of peanut butter. I found out recently that the average American eats 3 pounds of peanut butter a year. I was like, "uhhh I eat that same amount in less than a month..."

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's got to be Sun Chips Garden Salsa for me. I think I singlehandedly support that company. It would better if they came in five-pound bags - or maybe not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far everyones snacks sound too delicious! My fruit cup is somehow less satisfying all of a sudden. :lol: :yummy:

I miss peanut butter. Smuckers honey peanut butter on toasted wheat bread or oat bread is my fav!! Almond butter isn't quite the same. But good on apple slices!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popcorn is my favorite. i make it with coconut oil and I don't need any butter. It's not dry like air popped and microwave popcorn.

My second favorite is chocolated covered pretzels, but can't eat those too often! :scale:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever I can find in the house :paperbag: Seriously, if I'm in the mood, it can get ugly. I'm trying not to snack on anything. Eat an early dinner and then let it go. Just let it go.

I'm especially fond of potato chips. Utz Malt Vinegar is a particular favorite for me. Cheez-its rock my world. Mollipop's too. She loves Cheez-its.

Rick usually eats a bowl of cereal at night, mostly Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chips, either regular or all dressed.
Little red tomatoes or baby carrots with Caesar dressing and a pinch of salt.
Ramen Noodles.
Black Olives.
Parmesan Cheese.

I'm not normally a late night snacker on a regular night, but when I come home from work on a couple of the 10:30 or 11:30 pm evenings I am quite famished :lol: and need to wind down a bit. I try not to eat anything too heavy though!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
most times, i'll...delay having dessert with dinner, and have it just before bed or at some point of the overnight. :yummy:

occasionally, i'll have a couple cookies during the night. but most nights, i'll just have some beverage during the night. :dunno:

hmmm...some fruit sounds like a very tasty middle-of-the-night snack! :agree:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I used to snack on Wheatable Crackers or Pretzel Crisps in the evening. But in the past 10 years I stopped snacking at night for some reason. :dunno:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cookies are probably my favorite; but if I don't have any of them on hand, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is always good.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Haagen Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream; I can eat an entire 14 ounce container.
or Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato