Monday's Question Of The Day - April 2, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many hours of sleep do you need at night?

I used to do very well on 7 hours but I feel like I look for 8-9 most days now. I got about 3 last night so I did some head-bobbing after Easter dinner. :lol:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I age, I've found that I need less sleep at night, but I find myself wanting to nap during the day.

I used to need a full 8 hours; now I generally get 6 hours or so, and I can get by on that but I really feel like I need to make up the missing 2 hours later. It's very annoying; I'd rather get it all at once, when it's dark out. Do you think I may have caught a need for naps from Jasmine?

Margret

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get 3 to 4 hours. Not enough but its all I'm able to get, so am sleep severely deprived. I have meds to help, but I limit myself to only a couple of times a month as they are addicting. Napping is impossible, try as I might.

I blame Fibromyalgia, chemo therapy, & 5 years of cancer pills, which I finished in 2012. Some effects are obviously permanent.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I am really good at sleeping. I have a special gift for being to sleep pretty much anywhere and at any time. Put me on a bus or a train for more than five minutes and I'm out like a light. This is why I don't drive.

;)

I rarely get to bed before midnight, but I usually sleep right through to around 7.30 or 8 am.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Seven hours seem to be the "right" amount for me, though I very rarely sleep through the night. I can get by on six.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can function on six hours if needed but will do better with a nap at some point that day. I am fully functional and a little sleepy at eight hours. I really do best with nine or more. I also tend to nap on weekends for two to three hours. In a crunch I have operated on four hours but I am dragging by the end of those days.

I like sleeping. :dizzycat:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to sleep but don't get enough. On school nights I'm in bed around 11 (after the news and my night routine) and wake up at 6, which should be 7 hours if I slept through the night without waking up (which rarely happens).

I think, given my sleep patterns when I don't need to wake up for work, I do best with 8 to 10 hours.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Between 7-8 hours works best for me but every now and then when I don't have to set an alarm I can sleep 9 hrs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I age, I've found that I need less sleep at night, but I find myself wanting to nap during the day.

I used to need a full 8 hours; now I generally get 6 hours or so, and I can get by on that but I really feel like I need to make up the missing 2 hours later. It's very annoying; I'd rather get it all at once, when it's dark out. Do you think I may have caught a need for naps from Jasmine?

Margret
Oh I love naps! I don't get them often anymore though. Maybe that's why I need more now. I used to nap or at least stretch out on the couch while my kids napped. I miss them napping sometimes. :lol:
Oh, I am really good at sleeping. I have a special gift for being to sleep pretty much anywhere and at any time. Put me on a bus or a train for more than five minutes and I'm out like a light. This is why I don't drive.

;)

I rarely get to bed before midnight, but I usually sleep right through to around 7.30 or 8 am.
I used to laugh at my Mom how she always fell asleep 15 minutes into any movie. Now I'm not much better! I start yawning when the physical therapist puts heat on my ankles and I sit for 10 minutes. I always tell them that I don't need a pillow because I'm sure I'd start snoring!! :paperbag:
I like sleeping. :dizzycat:
Me too. :cloud9:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty standard stuff - I feel I do best with a typical 8 hours. 7 hours too I can get away with.

Once in awhile of course, I might only get around 5-6 hours :lol: thanks to the usual realities of life.

And I am likely a rarity but I HATE taking naps. I always feel awful after them. So they don't help!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
8 or 9 hours, 7 hours is not enough... I get all my sleep at night because I hate napping. :sleepycat:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get by on 6 hours a night but I usually take a nap during the day. I'm retired so I can do that.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
7-8 is about right for me and I'm usually able to get that in.

;)
My spouse is like that, too. I envy the ability to sleep anywhere easily. :sleepycat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ideally, 8 hours, give or take. and i strive to accomplish close to that every 24 hour period. it doesn't always happen though, as life seems to have it's own plans. so if i get less sleep one night, the next few nights i'll make sure i get in the area of 8 hours total.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need at least 6 hours of sleep a night to be able to function properly. I can sleep for up to 12 hours on weekends; though.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get by on no less than 6 hours but its not pretty. I prefer at least 8. Those two hours don't seem like a lot but they help. I need to sleep. :lol: I'm not so nice when I don't get my full sleep. :cloudy:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can manage pretty well on 6 hours but ideally 7 would be better. 8 hours is almost too much, it leaves me feeling out of sorts. And less than 6, well I can function but I am not happy about it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can get by on no less than 6 hours but its not pretty. I prefer at least 8. Those two hours don't seem like a lot but they help. I need to sleep. :lol: I'm not so nice when I don't get my full sleep. :cloudy:
That describes how I was when my kids were babies. DH never did night stuff because he went to work and I've stayed home. But boy I remember saying not nice things to him early in the mornings when he'd be up for work! I've never remembered what I said; just that it wasn't nice. Then I'd go fall into bed again. I've asked him to please ignore anything I say before a certain time. :paperbag: