Mommy Soon To Be Need Help

Cammysmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I’m new the the forum also to the world of pregnant of cats
My cammy is 5yrs old and is pregnant with her first and only litter.
She been licking herself and panting alittle, still eating and drinking, sleeping a lot but still running around and playing alittle.
Wasn’t sure if she is getting ready to go into labor. She has been smelling and looking around lately to areas where the other cats can’t go!! Please help me and let me know what could be going on.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Do you know when she got pregnant? The average cat pregnancy is 63-65 days.

It does sound like she may be looking for a place to nest, so if you haven't yet, you could probably set something up for her. Then again, there's no guarantee she won't have the kittens somewhere of her choosing, so block off any places you don't want her to have them.

Here are some TCS articles that cover the basics of cat pregnancy. Good luck.

Cat Pregnancy
Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats
Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their Mother?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panting and licking usually means it is very close to her time. Some cats run around and eat right up to giving birth. Look for ripples or tightening of her abdomen, those mean she is in labour. There can be an hour between kittens, as long as she seems quiet and is not acting distressed she should be all right. Some cats can take days between kittens, so just observe her and make sure she is not acting agitated and is taking care of any kittens that are already born. All the luck!