Momma Cat Restarting Nursing

jadeandalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So jade finally kicked sparky (formerly inky) off the boob. He is 4 months old now. We just noticed today that both of them slept all day, neither of them are much and jade is letting sparky "nurse". I also noticed sparky looking thin, but maybe a little longer body, I don't know if he is getting sick or just going through a growth spurt? Any way to tell the difference? Should I try to stop the nursing? I don't think he is getting any nutrition from it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let him "nurse" - it is for comfort. Jade will let him know if she does not like it.

It sounds like he is growing! Make sure he gets plenty of wet food and 24/7 access to dry food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jadeandalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let him "nurse" - it is for comfort. Jade will let him know if she does not like it.

It sounds like he is growing! Make sure he gets plenty of wet food and 24/7 access to dry food.
Thank you so much! I was worried he was getting sick! He has lots of access to food and water, so that's no issue. As for the nursing I wasn't sure if comfort nursing was something she would do, given his age.