Mom cat with URI and preemie newborn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, Baby was dying slowly. I took him to the vet so he could be put to sleep and end his suffering.

Rest in peace, sweet baby. I'm sorry your life was so short. You never even got the chance to open your eyes. But you were very loved, and you'll always be in my heart.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. Condolences to momma kitty and you both. How is momma kitty doing? Are you able to continue fostering her? I would continue feeding her kitten food and kmr to keep her calcium levels up just in case she is still pregnant.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of the baby. You did all that you could for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. Condolences to momma kitty and you both. How is momma kitty doing? Are you able to continue fostering her? I would continue feeding her kitten food and kmr to keep her calcium levels up just in case she is still pregnant.
I’m so sorry. Is everyone else doing well?
Mom went back to the shelter. She was originally surrendered with another cat who had 3x 8-week-old kittens. She was SO happy to see the kittens again and I'm glad she has someone to mother.

I think it's very unlikely that she's still pregnant, but she'll probably be spayed soon anyway. She was actually due to be done last Tuesday, but then staff walked in and surprise! She'd given birth in the night.

That was Baby. I thought he was lucky, because he was born just in time. But now....