Mom Cat Lethargic And Not Eating Much After Vaccinations Is This Normal

maichelle1996

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Monday my foster cat went to the vet for her rabies, Distemper, worming and Feline leukemia testing. Everything went fine till we got home. She was very Lethargic and had no interest in food. She threw up once bile but I think that’s it. Today Wednesday she is the same. Just laying around and no real Interest in food. I was able to get her to eat half a jar of Gerber baby food and a few licks of warmed up canned food when I placed it right in Front of her. She has no interest in KMR or dry food. I know cats can get like this sometimes after Vaccinations but I’m concerned because she is nursing 4 two week old kittens.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not good timing between the nursing and the vaccinations/etc! Yes, some cats do experience a loss of appetite after vax's. It usually clears up in a day or so. But, in your case, I would call the vet and tell them that she is still experiencing a loss of appetite and see if they would be willing to prescribe an appetite stimulant - and, certainly let them know she is nursing kittens!

You can also try some canned tuna in water to see if that might peak her interest.