Moggie with a Ragdoll or Persian in the distant past?

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, guys. I am wondering if I could get your input.

Now, obviously, what Pia is, is a gorgeous example of a moggie cat. 

Here's another of her dead-on. I think it's almost more visible in this one, the crease in her nose.

And here's Pia taking a nap after destroying some spam mail that fell off my table. Good kitty! Her spots were darker during the summer, but they're a bit visible here. You can also kind of see that her muzzle is short.

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little face.  I know zilch about the tabby patterns - I think there are five different ones.  I would call her tabby and white - and pretty!

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ragdolls have pointed features like a Siamese. 
But a Raggamuffin is the colorful equivalent of a ragdoll. They typically have really long fur, but being a Mogi she could be a Raggamuffin with shorter hair. 

Here is a photo of a Tabby Raggamuffin

http://www.valleycat.fsnet.co.uk/GenoonChair.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ragdolls have pointed features like a Siamese. 
But a Raggamuffin is the colorful equivalent of a ragdoll. They typically have really long fur, but being a Mogi she could be a Raggamuffin with shorter hair. 

Here is a photo of a Tabby Raggamuffin

http://www.valleycat.fsnet.co.uk/GenoonChair.jpg
Thanks!

Interesting. That nose angle and how it's a bit wider at the bottom does kind of remind me of Pia. Perhaps that's what he meant, rather than Ragdoll.

I don't know if I'd say it was any kind of purebreed, but I do think there is a longhaired kitty somewhere in her recent family history. She is very fluffy for shorthair.

Last edited:

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She definitely has that Ragdoll/Ragamuffin face. I had a Ragdoll mix growing up, and she was a super fluffy cat, with really dense fur, and that cute little nose. 
What truly identifies a Ragdoll cat, is when you pick them up, they go limp, like a ragdoll lol hence the name. 
both ragdolls and ragamuffins are pretty chill lazy cats. I know mine loved to lay around all day and cuddle lol 
But being a mix she could have completely different personality traits. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

She definitely has that Ragdoll/Ragamuffin face. I had a Ragdoll mix growing up, and she was a super fluffy cat, with really dense fur, and that cute little nose. 
What truly identifies a Ragdoll cat, is when you pick them up, they go limp, like a ragdoll lol hence the name. 
both ragdolls and ragamuffins are pretty chill lazy cats. I know mine loved to lay around all day and cuddle lol 
But being a mix she could have completely different personality traits. 
Yeah, that was the mannerism my friend was talking about. She gets kind of floppy when I pick her up, or when she's being pet. She doesn't often want to be held, and she'll protest once she's in my arms and has some footing, but not when I'm picking her up.

Otherwise, though, she is far more highly strung than I would think a Ragdoll would be. She's a lover/lap cat as long as everything is nice and quiet, but quite shy and anxious at times.

Yeah, her fur reminds me most of my friend's cat actually -- a Maine Coon mix, another longhaired breed. His cat has that same plushy, dense feel, even though she's a shorthair.

Last edited: