Missing them so much

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Posts here have made me cry. I am missing mine so much tonight. The pain seems to hit at night more. I wish I could describe it - everyone here knows how much it hurts. My sweet Edward Simon, a tiny kitten, my Jonathan, my Christopher Thomas. I feel a bit guilty because they are in my thoughts more right now than are my current furries.

dalimili18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear SeaTurtle,

I can somehow relate... I cry daily, my baby was the first cat that I had and I lost him just recently after 14 years... I have no idea how to overcome that. It was almost half of my life and I just feel such loss, especially when I start reading other people's experience of loss. It just hits me hard.

It's like first love, you feel like nobody can ever replace it... Your post does discourage a bit... I feel like now I will never ever be able to actually get over him... and that is scary.

Maybe we just need therapy...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think we'll EVER get 'over it', our love for our furry babies will last as long as we are alive. Somehow we have to learn to live with it. Ignoring it, or being so busy we forget for a while helps, but IT is always there lurking. I try to make peace with myself by thinking she would never want me to live the rest of my life in pain, I know I wouldn't want her to if something had happened to me. They are at peace now, nothing can ever hurt them again. They may not be physically with us, but they live on in our hearts. Their essence will always surround us and comfort us. It does help to talk to them, ask for comfort, crying releases some of the pain. And most of all, DO NOT give up on love, if we are lucky we can take our sweet babies legacies, which is the great love that they shared with us, and pass it on to another who so desperately needs us. Peace be to all, I pray that one day we can think fondly of our lost ones, with smiles and love instead of pain and tears. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Posts here have made me cry. I am missing mine so much tonight. The pain seems to hit at night more. I wish I could describe it - everyone here knows how much it hurts. My sweet Edward Simon, a tiny kitten, my Jonathan, my Christopher Thomas. I feel a bit guilty because they are in my thoughts more right now than are my current furries.
It's like first love, you feel like nobody can ever replace it... Your post does discourage a bit... I feel like now I will never ever be able to actually get over him... and that is scary.

Maybe we just need therapy...
The loss of a dear one is no easy thing to deal with. I've had several pet friends over the years and, although each continues to be precious to me in their own way. I have a couple that I miss the most.

I lost my dog Eenie so long ago, I don't even want to calculate the years. Know that it will get better with time, but also, that you will never be "over" it. How can we? They were our friends, our partners is trouble, our confidants, the ones that always had love to give when we most needed it... they were our best friends.

They say time heals all wounds and it does. But depending on the deepness of the wound we have a scar left over always to remind us they were there. Now that they are gone they took a piece of our heart with them and we will never get it back.

I always ask myself. What would Eenie like me to do? I'm sure he would want to know how much I continue to love him, but he would also like for me to continue living well and happy and hopefully taking care of another pet friend so he may also have a good life.

As I write this I'm holding on to my tears because I'm in a very public place. I'm proud of myself for being able to do so. It took me a long time to be able to not let them our. I feel my eyes turning red as I hold the tears.

I am better.... I will never be ok with his passing... but everyday I'm better... a little bit better and so will you.

This is a good message below by Di:

I don't think we'll EVER get 'over it', our love for our furry babies will last as long as we are alive. Somehow we have to learn to live with it. Ignoring it, or being so busy we forget for a while helps, but IT is always there lurking. I try to make peace with myself by thinking she would never want me to live the rest of my life in pain, I know I wouldn't want her to if something had happened to me. They are at peace now, nothing can ever hurt them again. They may not be physically with us, but they live on in our hearts. Their essence will always surround us and comfort us. It does help to talk to them, ask for comfort, crying releases some of the pain. And most of all, DO NOT give up on love, if we are lucky we can take our sweet babies legacies, which is the great love that they shared with us, and pass it on to another who so desperately needs us. Peace be to all, I pray that one day we can think fondly of our lost ones, with smiles and love instead of pain and tears. 
Thank you for taking the time to write this and comfort others. 

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Animals suffer the loss of their friend also. My Shadow, who was Scooters brother (dogs) misses his dear brother. I took him to the vet to be by Scooters side when I had Scooter PTS. He understands death, he kissed his brother on the head and laid next to his still body after he passed. He stares at his dish, waiting for Scooter to go first, he waits behind me to go out because Scooter went first, he lays in the doggie bed Scooter passed in. He is grieving also. I give him plenty of TLC. It is a comfort to have him. I even left Scooters dishes and crate down for comfort for Shadow. He alternates going in his crate, then his brothers, this makes him feel better. We are also taking long walks because poor Scooter could not keep up after his stroke, so Shadow went without. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:

welovechef

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand, missing them doesn't go away. They are all so special to you. Hang in there.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like the most appropriate thread for me. Have had so many feline babies over the years that I've lost count. Which means I've lost so many as well. I can't even read anyone's story without crying, because I can relate so much. 

I've learned some just attach to you more than others as well. Some seem to hurt so much worse than others. I feel bad about that, but it's a truth. I love them all though, very much. 

I've also learned the manner in which they leave us makes a big difference in how long it pains my heart. I can't think about little Black Cat without feeling the pain the same way I did. He died back in the late 90s after he snuck out (like he always tried to do) and one of my sister's dogs went after him, thinking he was a toy. I've never quite gotten over that feeling I had that day. 

Others have lived to a ripe old age and died at home, peacefully, in their favorite sleeping spot. It always hurt but at least they were not in pain, and they were in their most comfortable spot.

And of course, there's all the ones that fit in between those scenarios. Ones that were sick mostly. Renal failure took several of them, at different ages between 8 and 14 years. One had a few strokes. Some of them died at home before we had the chance to do the right (but so difficult) thing. And others we made that difficult decision before they left on their own. 

Ali Cat was the last kitty we lost. He was one that lived to 18 and left peacefully in his sleep, in his favorite spot. We had him since he was a tiny kitten. Forget how it was that we ended up getting him, was back in 1990, but we did. 

My thoughts go out to everyone here that has lost a furbaby. Like someone said, we never really get over it. But, the pain goes away a bit more as time passes. And eventually, we're able to talk about them and smile at all the fond memories without shedding tears. Except for now. I'm crying like crazy :) But I have all the wonderful memories that will be with me forever, and so grateful for that.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I know what you mean; I just ache for him.  Probably not normal that was cat was my little soul mate but he was.  Feel a bit guilty because I am grieving my kitty so much & have basically gotten over my husband's death.  I know my husband understands how much I loved this kitty, however. It has been 7 years for my husband & only 3 months for my kitty.  I know eventually I will be okay with the loss but right now I don't want to be.