Missing Kitty

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the cat in my profile pic is missing my roomate didnt shut the door and about 20 minutes later i got up to get a drink and notice both cats were gone i found the smaller one he was under my back deck and came when i called.

but i cant find him he loves to go outside but i dont let him at this new place because im at an apt complex now im just afraid he wont know his way back this happened last night around 10 pm i really hope hes just hiding under one of the decks

he has 0 survival skills he likes t go under houses and chill i just hope he wasnt scared off by the construction thats been going on all morning im gonna put his litter box outside in hopes of him remembering a familiar scent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you buy or borrow a cat trap? He is probably nearby and that is the best way to catch him.
not sure ugh this is horrible theirs this stray cat i think hes a stray who comes on the back porch the last 4 weeks i feed him at night and through the glass door the cats scratch at each other through the glass hes a big male like my boy i think he went somewhere with him when he got out and possibly got loss

im gonna wait another hour till it starts to get dark to search cause then it will be quiet no kids screaming and construction

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
man i hate this longest iv ever had a cat 4 in half years old got him in 2015 i feel if i dont get him tonight it ill be to late he was either taken out by another animal or he wondered off way to far getting lost as he doesnt have good outdoor skills

he got out once here 3 months ago and only took 30 minutes till he came back cause he got scared of the area fact he didnt come all night makes me scared

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Did you try any of the suggestions from the article, like putting a litter box or food or some favorite blanket or something outside for him to smell?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
forgot to post back i found him Thursday morning lol he finally came running back at 2 am i went out back calling him and saw him running from across the road god knows what he was doing over there for 36 hours
:clapcat: Great news. Thank you for letting us know he's back safe.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very good news! Just curious, is he microchipped?

no i plan to do that soon though

funny he kinda looks like the kitty on the left in your profile pic except hes got thicker face fur

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
forgot to post back i found him Thursday morning lol he finally came running back at 2 am i went out back calling him and saw him running from across the road god knows what he was doing over there for 36 hours
Congrats! I've had an indoor cat sneak out and disappear for ~36 hours. Did he *also* whine and cry and make you feel like it was *your* fault he was outside, sleeping in the mud and rain, for the last 36 hours?

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scary when a cat gets out,it happened to me once with a previous cat, I found him under a neighbor shed after being out overnight