Missing Kitten

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitten (about 5 months old) that belongs to my corner deli has disappeared. I looked for her today and will again tonight, but she apparently disappeared yesterday morning and I'm worried she may have gotten really confused and traveled. It's cold here - in the 20s today and tomorrow - and we just had a substantial snowfall - and then it's going up to the 50s and 40s. How long can a kitten survive in the 20s? I'm hoping she's just hiding somewhere in the store - sometimes she comes when you call her and sometimes she doesn't. I'll just keep looking for her.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any luck?

Usually, a cat won't go far from where he got out, but that's not a hard and fast rule.  You can try putting down some especially favorite food and a familiar-smelling blanket or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am going shortly to check in at the store and see if they found her. If not, I'll go looking for her again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good news! Turns out the daughter was mistaken and the kitten was there the whole time. What a relief.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear it.  You know, of course, that if a cat doesn't want to be seen, it's nearly invisible, even in plain sight.  I was looking for our Sterling this morning, afraid he'd gotten out in the garage or worse, and I walked right by him 3 times before I spotted him.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
So glad to hear it.  You know, of course, that if a cat doesn't want to be seen, it's nearly invisible, even in plain sight.  I was looking for our Sterling this morning, afraid he'd gotten out in the garage or worse, and I walked right by him 3 times before I spotted him.
:yeah: Goldy's really good at that. :chescat: :lol3: