Missed Wormer

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats are currently due a wormer medicine. They are only five months old and have had one previous to now but I've been unable to find a suitable dewormer or where to buy it. I know of all the brands but wouldn't know where to go about getting it. I was planning on buying some from the vet when I took them to be microchipped but I've had to cancel several appointments due to multiple things coming up. I'm back at college now and have them booked for microchipping on Thursday but that will be almost a week later.

Does that matter or is there anything I should do?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your cats will be fine until the vet appointment next week:agree: Ideally things should be done right on schedule but life gets in the way and things like deworming can be done a little later than usual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your cats will be fine until the vet appointment next week:agree: Ideally things should be done right on schedule but life gets in the way and things like deworming can be done a little later than usual.
Okay, thank you so much.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your vet will probably give you Drontal (prescription-only) for around $10/pill. It's all right if they're a couple weeks late.

The only broad-spectrum wormer I know of that is sold without a prescription is a product with the active ingredient fenbendazole. It's less expensive than Drontal, but $10 is not bad anyway.