Miracle nipple feeders

duchess22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered a multi pack with syringes and bottle from Amazon. The nipples are all quite long, I think my kittens gag on them. I seen many others for sale exactly the same. I guess I can't cut them shorter without ruining them but why so long??? Gufastoe brand and it was 25.00 can you just by replacement nipples and are there much shorter ones?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The "original" miracle nipple is pretty long. I use the "mini" size.
HHP_1907013_Miracle_Nipple_Family_1200px__79837.1616703811.jpg
I don't know if it would work to cut the nipple... but if you have the long "original" nipples and they are not working for you, you could try cutting one shorter, and test the flow rate before using it with a kitten?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try the minis instead of cutting down the nipples because it may leave a too-big hole for the milk to pour out of. That could be dangerous.

How old are your kittens?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the minis instead of cutting down the nipples because it may leave a too-big hole for the milk to pour out of. That could be dangerous.
Yes, that's why I would test the milk flow first. I honestly don't know whether the hole is the same diameter throughout the nipple, since I only have mini size nipples at home to examine, but it's POSSIBLE that it might work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, looks like I may have to buy another whole set, what a shame in Canada with shipping it was 25.00.
I would use them in future on any kitten, I bought it for a sick one that passed away the other day.
The siblings do not need feeding but it was suggested I get some.
To return would just cost me more money as well. You can't by mini nipples alone can you?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a multi pack with syringes and bottle from Amazon. The nipples are all quite long, I think my kittens gag on them. I seen many others for sale exactly the same. I guess I can't cut them shorter without ruining them but why so long??? Gufastoe brand and it was 25.00 can you just by replacement nipples and are there much shorter ones?
I just noticed you said "Gufastoe brand" and then I looked on Amazon, it looks like the "miracle nipples" available right now on Amazon are made by "Gufastoe" and "TML" so I am not completely sure if they work the same. They might be fine, though, I just don't know... I have only used the branded Miracle Nipples.

Here are some places that sell Miracle Nipples online.
Revival Animal Miracle Nipple®
Henry's Pets Miracle Nipples
Chris's Squirrels https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/products/the-miracle-nipple

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, looks like I may have to buy another whole set, what a shame in Canada with shipping it was 25.00.
I would use them in future on any kitten, I bought it for a sick one that passed away the other day.
Very sorry that your kitten passed away!

duchess22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 2 weeks but the remaining do not need it. I want to have them just in case.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I believe in being prepared! I keep bottles, nipples, syringes, and formula on hand always. When Hurricane Irma passed through Florida a few years back I was able to save 2 baby squirrels who were blown from their nest. They drank kitten formula from a syringe until stores opened back up and I switched them to puppy formula, which I learned is most like the squirrel mom’s milk. This past spring at different times I had two sick adult cats and fed them with syringes. I occasionally mix formula and give it as a treat to my cats, who love it. You just never know when you might need something. Best to have it on hand! It was a motto I learned as a young girl in my scouting days - Be Prepared! 😊

duchess22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cabinets full of items, I have baby bottles and syringes coming out the --- I have antibiotic and eye meds and stuff for pain and for enemas, glycerin suppositories, dewormer ,I have a 2 full cans of KMR in freezer as I place an order every year for shots etc.
I just don't have fancy nipples ! LOL, for when kittens are fussy on both bare syringe or baby bottles.
We raise horse quarter horses and live in the country , we always have a lot on hand.