Mild Laxative

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Dexter is still bloated (kind of...I'm beginning to think that's just his normal body type) and I noticed yesterday that his stools are a little hard. He had a "normal" poop, then two or three little pebbles. Should I add some Miralax to his food to help things move along? Would butter work?

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I am dealing with constipation issues also. Lily is a bit overweight and regularly has bouts of constipation. So if you find anything, let me know! I think two weeks ago? I had gotten her some GNC hairball treats, which contain psysillium husk, and that cleaned her out pretty good for a few days, they are just $10 a pack at Petsmart, and your supposed to give them 4 treats, twice a day so it only lasted a few days but it definitely did help. I too am considering miralax if I don't see major improvements. I'm slowly trying to get her to be more active too to help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Dexter is just a chunk that enjoys eating and sleeping. I really need to work on getting him more active than he already is. I can't seem to find a toy that he will 100% play with, whereas Evie and Emerson definitely have their favorites.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so Lily! She is not a big player, she is an observer. She's an "old lady" always has been, she's just turning 7 in August, and I treat her like a frail old cat. Since I've been home a lot more lately, I've been trying to walk with her around the house more, try to get her to explore more, and toys, hah. Zoe loves toys Lily will bat a string for 5 seconds and call it done.