Mighty Hunters

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, our house has six cats; Rose, Ra, Princess, Spot, Asia, and Slipper. 

So, I've known for quite some time that my cats are hunters. Last year around this time they brought in birds, a couple months ago Rose brought in a lizard and they've all brought in assorted insects for hunting and killing (except for when Ra went through a phase where he wanted to raise one...), so the fact that they hunt isn't anything new. However, this  is.

When I got up this morning this  was in one of their play boxes. (I let them play with boxes until they're torn up.) What is this a tail from? It looks like it could be the tail of a squirrel, but most squirrel tails around here are fluffier. It looks like it could be from a cat, and they've been fighting a lot recently. Another thing--there's no meat on the stump. This is what I mean.

What is this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure, since it's about the same length and coloring as our cat Asia's tail. (In fact, when we first saw it, we desperately hunted for Asia to make sure that she still had  hers.)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure it's a squirrel's tail, either.  It does look like some of those images, though.  Also it seems more likely that it's a squirrel's tail than a cat's tail just because there are more squirrels around than cats and they have more natural enemies (including cats.)   Of course it could be something else entirely but I don't know what that could be.  It's a mystery, alright!   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think we'll ever know for sure. Maybe Disney has an idea that we'll see with their movie, The Secret Life of Pets. 

Last edited: